Environmental change and sufficiency of natural resources
Sustainable life on Earth for generations to come
Understanding the reasons and mechanisms of climate change helps in finding ways to mitigate it. We can respond to the environmental challenges of the future by, for example, developing the use of forests and their sustainable management. Already now, our work has provided new insights into the role of aerosols in climate change. Furthermore, our research on forests and the forest-based bioeconomy is internationally recognised and continuously develops new solutions for the sustainable use of forest resources.
We introduce original, research-based information to citizens and decision-makers, and provide tools for the sustainable governance of natural resources, while taking economic, legal and political aspects into consideration.
SUSTENVIRON // NEWS
- Long-running international MSc programme looks at European forests with bioeconomy in mind (17.09.2018)
- New hypothesis on the effects of soil microbes on plant nutrition and growth (11.09.2018)
- Wetlands are key for accurate greenhouse gas measurements in the Arctic (11.09.2018)
- Tools for negotiators of multilateral environmental agreements (10.09.2018)
- New tools for environmental conflict resolution (30.08.2018)
- UEF provides strategic funding for 10 postdoc positions in 2019-2021 (29.06.2018)
- World Bank report: transboundary water cooperation between Finland and Russia a success story (08.06.2018)
- Hybrid construction combines recyclable materials (22.05.2018)
- Strong political support highlighted in bioeconomy discourse (05.09.2017)
- University of Eastern Finland appoints two bioeconomy professors (23.08.2017)