Grants awarded by Joensuu University Foundation
The support given by Joensuu University Foundation for activities on the Joensuu Campus takes, as a rule, one of the following formats:
- grants for regionally significant projects (partial or seed funder)
- internationalisation: grants for scientific, international conferences and for covering the costs of visiting professors
- grants awarded to the faculties operating on the Joensuu Campus for doctoral student positions
- other grants that are in compliance with the terms of funds and donors.
Joensuu University Foundation has two funds which are based on the donors' definition of purpose:
- The purpose of the Elojen rahasto is to award grants that support scientific research addressing North Karelia, and
- the returns of the Pohjois-Karjalan kuntien rahasto are used, in compliance with the terms of the donation, to support degrees, research and teaching at the Joensuu Campus of the University of Eastern Finland which promote business and industry in North Karelia.
For a well-justified reason, the Chair of the Board may also decide on the award of a different format grant, which is expected to be exceptionally high in influence.
Applications for grants can be submitted on an on-going basis; however, it is hoped that the meeting schedules of the Board are taken into consideration when submitting an application (the Board holds its meetings in March-April and in November-December).
A call for applications for grants intended for scientific international conferences is published a couple of months before the Board's meeting. No separate call is opened for grants for projects. Applications for grants from the Elojen rahasto and the Pohjois-Karjalan kuntien rahasto are always invited in a separate call. Grants are awarded only within the framework of the confirmed grant-awarding principles.
Applicants should send their written application to: Joensuun yliopiston tukisäätiö, PL 111 80101 Joensuu, unless otherwise instructed in the call.