All different databases containing books and articles, such as UEF Primo, Pubmed or Scopus, operate by the same principles, although the user interfaces are slightly different. Shared features include:
- search row/rows for which search words are written
- ability to retrieve words only from specific sections, such as for example the title
- use of operators AND, OR and NOT
- possibility of refining and sorting the search result in different ways
- opportunity to locate the publication
- chance to print and store searches and their results
Using Advanced search, you can easily modify your search to be more specific and comprehensive. For instance, you can limit your terms to be searched on Title or Subject field only – the results are likely to be more relevant.
Quite often a topic can be expressed in different ways. Connect the alternative terms with OR-operator. Use capital letters. Type the next topic on the next line.