The e-resources are protected by the Finnish Copyright Act. The University of Eastern Finland Library and the KUH Medical Library have acquired access to electronic publications and databases through various licence agreements. You find the licensed e-resources from the UEF Primo. In addition, you also find a variety of open access resources in the UEF Primo. Most of the licensed e-resources are available to all within the University of Eastern Finland network. In practice, this means that the library users who do not have the UEF username and password can access the licensed e-resources only on the computers in the campus libraries. The KUH staff members can access the e-resources within the KUH network.
The following user groups can access the licensed e-resources outside the university network via a remote access connection and the UEF Primo:
- UEF staff members
- UEF degree and postgraduate students (incl. students registered as being absent)
- UEF Open University students
- so-called cross-institutional students (students studying at the University of Eastern Finland through cooperation agreements between institutions)
- UEF MBA students
- UEF Psychotherapist Training students
- UEF specialisation studies students
- UEF students with the right to study individual courses (incl. students with continued right to study)
- KUH staff members
The KUH staff members who are not also students or staff of the university (and therefore do not have a UEF username) can receive separate remote access rights by visiting the KUH Medical Library.
The rights to access the resources remotely are valid for the duration of the studies or employment. A person comparable to a staff member may be granted remote access rights to e-resources by decision of the director of the unit or department. If there is a need for such remote access rights, please contact the human resources secretary of your unit or department.
UEF usernames are administrated by the university's Digital Services.