Learning in a digitised society
Opportunities and challenges of our digitising world
The digitalisation of our world is increasingly shaping the ways of learning and interaction among people and communities. This creates new challenges, and also opportunities, for our everyday life. We seek to renew and further develop the opportunities of learning, active participation and learning environments, while tackling any challenges that may arise.
Our research has shed new light on the processes of successful pedagogical development work, on the renewal of teachers’ professionalism, and on the dynamics of interaction that promotes learning at all levels of the educational system. Our understanding of learner-centred and inspiring pedagogy, as well as of the meaningful use of rapidly evolving technologies for teaching and learning, is becoming increasingly precise. Our research provides tools for enhancing the professional skills of people working in the education sector, and we also help in the creation of innovative learning environments and increasingly personalised study paths.
Digilearn // News
- SciFest moves to Botania and builds an internationally unique learning environment for science education (10.12.2018)
- UEF’s Flipping Finland project wins EAPRIL Best Research and Practice Project Award (16.11.2018)
- Digital tools to aid students working on their Master’s thesis (13.11.2018)
- Study visit offers glimpses into Finnish education (11.10.2018)
- UEF’s Flipped Classroom up for EAPRIL Best Research and Practice Project Award (20.09.2018)
- UEF provides strategic funding for 10 postdoc positions in 2019-2021 (29.06.2018)
- Aleksi Komu and Sanna Metsälä win in GESS Education Awards 2018 (01.03.2018)
- Sanna Metsälä and Aleksi Komu in GESS Education Awards 2018 finals (22.01.2018)
- Saudi Arabian teachers bring change as souvenir from Finland (30.11.2017)
- Global education brand for Finland (24.10.2017)