Learning in a digitised society
Opportunities and challenges of our digitising world
The digitalisation of our world is increasingly shaping the ways of learning and interaction among people and communities. This creates new challenges, and also opportunities, for our everyday life. We seek to renew and further develop the opportunities of learning, active participation and learning environments, while tackling any challenges that may arise.
Our research has shed new light on the processes of successful pedagogical development work, on the renewal of teachers’ professionalism, and on the dynamics of interaction that promotes learning at all levels of the educational system. Our understanding of learner-centred and inspiring pedagogy, as well as of the meaningful use of rapidly evolving technologies for teaching and learning, is becoming increasingly precise. Our research provides tools for enhancing the professional skills of people working in the education sector, and we also help in the creation of innovative learning environments and increasingly personalised study paths.
Digilearn // News
- UEF provides strategic funding for 10 postdoc positions in 2019-2021 (29.06.2018)
- Aleksi Komu and Sanna Metsälä win in GESS Education Awards 2018 (01.03.2018)
- Sanna Metsälä and Aleksi Komu in GESS Education Awards 2018 finals (22.01.2018)
- Saudi Arabian teachers bring change as souvenir from Finland (30.11.2017)
- Global education brand for Finland (24.10.2017)
- Working together towards better learning environments (23.08.2017)
- UEF creates increasingly student-centred learning environments (06.04.2017)
- Flipped classroom brings new boost for teaching and learning (03.04.2017)
- Studying // Learning starts from a phenomenon (20.02.2017)
- Fourth reality of science is here – Sm4rtLab allows virtual and remote control of optics devices (02.12.2016)