There is no entrance exam. Students will be accepted to the program based on their previous studies and motivation letter.
Applicants should have bachelor's or higher degree from a recognized university in an applicable field. Suitable background studies are for example medicine, biology, biosciences, veterinary medicine, dentistry, environmental sciences, animal physiology, pharmacy, biochemistry, chemistry corresponding to at least 3 years' of full time academic studies (equivalent of 180 ECTS credit units in the Finnish university system) obtained at an internationally recognised and accredited university or higher education institution (excluding Bachelor's degree from either the University of Applied Science or Polytechnic).
Basic studies in human anatomy and physiology as well as in pharmacology and toxicology are prerequisites for acceptance.
Detailed information about prerequisites is available on Studyinfo web page.
All application documents should be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English. Also the copies of the original documents have to be submitted. Translations of educational documents must be 1) issued by the awarding institution or 2) officially certified copy of a translation issued by the awarding institution or 3) translated by an official translator or 4) officially certified copy of a translation made by an official translator. Each page of an official translation must bear the translator’s stamp and/or signature. Official translations must be exact translations of the original documents. Translations done by the applicant him‐ or herself are not accepted. The country‐specific regulations are described in http://www.uef.fi/en/web/admissions/country-specific-requirements
Applicants must demonstrate excellent skills of English language. English language proficiency can be proven with official Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing Service (IELTS) test score report, or with Pearson Test of English (PTE) or Cambridge English Qualification test, or National Certificate of Language Proficiency (YKI) -test. Required results are as follows:
- IELTS (academic): overall 6.5 (min. 6.0 in writing), also IELTS indicator
- TOEFL iBT: 92 (min. 22 in writing) *, also TOEFL iBT Home Edition
- PTE (Pearson Test of English, academic): 62 (54 in writing)
- Cambridge English Qualification:
- C1 Advanced (Certificate of Advanced English) overall score of 180 with min 162 in writing)
- C2 Proficiency (Certificate of Proficiency in English) overall score of 180 with min 162 in writing)
- National Certificate of Language Proficiency (YKI) -test: level 5 in the reading comprehension, writing and speaking subtests; website https://www.oph.fi/en/national-certificates-language-proficiency-yki
Applicants will be exempt from submitting the official language proficiency test if:
- Passed English exam in Matriculation Examination in Finland
- English as A1 language as part of International Baccalaureate examination
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree was conducted in English language in EU/EEA country** or Australia, Canada, New Zealand, United Kingdom or United States
- Bachelor's, Master's or Doctoral degree was conducted in English language in our cooperation universities University of Ghana or KNUST (Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology) in Ghana.
- Exchange studies (at least 20 ECTS) completed in English in University of Eastern Finland
* UEF’s TOEFEL code is 9779
** EU countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden. EEA countries: Iceland, Liechtenstein and Norway.