Applications that satisfy the eligibility criteria will be put through a subsequent evaluation process in order to determine which applicants are selected for admission to the programme. The applicants that fulfill the above requirement of previous studies and English language skills are ranked according to the criteria below. Applicant may obtain a maximum of 30 admission points. The programme admits 20 students annually.
The eligible applicants will be evaluated according to the following principles:
Letter of motivation in English according to the following criteria (Max. 1000 words as a whole) (max 5 admission points).
Try to keep the motivation letter no longer than 1,000 words and answer the questions in your own words.:
- A short introduction of the applicant (degrees and studies, current professional activity, special academic and professional merits, international experience and interests)?
- Reasons for applying to the programme?
- How are you planning to complete the Master’s Degree in two years?
- How would the Master’s Degree Programme in Tourism Marketing and Management benefit your career/future plans?
- See the research topics and questions of the program you are applying for: Which topic or topics would you like to research in your master’s thesis? (max. 500 words of 1000)
2. Academic research skills (the better of following criteria, a or b, is considered if the applicant has both)
a. Bachelor's thesis (or equivalent) grade:
- 4,0 or more: 10 points
- 3,99 or less: 0 points
If the grading is other than 1-5, it will be converted to 1-5.
b. In case there is no final thesis grade in the degree, the applicants may obtain points from a Graduate Management Admission Test (http://www.mba.com/global/the-gmat-exam.aspx) based on their GMAT score:
- score 600 or more = 10 points
- 599 or less = 0 points
Please note that it takes 20 calendar days for you to receive a GMAT score after completing the test. Note also that the gmat test is for a fee.
3. General academic study success: Grade point average (GPA) as follows:
- 4,0 or more: 15 points
- 3,0-3,99: 8 points
- 2,99 or less: 0 points
The grade point average must either be given in the degree certificate, transcript of records or a separate, certified calculation, otherwise the applicant receives 0 points. If the applicant’s GPA does not follow the ECTS grading system, it will be converted accordingly.
For intake 2022
Applicants will be selected to pursue Master's degree studies based on their applications. Results will be announced on 31 March 2022, at the latest. The process could be finalized well before the set deadline.
When the selection decision has been made, the results will be sent immediately to the applicants by e-mail. Those applicants who have been accepted will receive a Notification of Admission, a Confirmation Form, and information package (including information about accommodation, student insurance programme, student union etc.) by email. These accepted applicants are required to formally accept their study place no later than 15 July 2022. This is an absolute deadline and will be treated as such. The autumn semester courses will begin on 1 September 2022.
According to the One study place per term provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. For more information please see studyinfo.fi.