Application period: 1 December 2020 – 20 January 2021 15.00 (GMT+2).
Applications are submitted through the national Studyinfo portal (studyinfo.fi) by 20 January 2021. Once the online application has been filled out, required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application by 27 January 2021 15.00 (GMT+2).
Should you have any questions about completing your application, please contact our admissions office, admissions(at)uef.fi, tel. +358 29 445 8990.
Applicants must submit the following documents:
- Degree certificate(s). The degree certificate should include the name of the institution awarding the degree, the date of issue, the name of the degree and the name of the degree holder.
- Transcript of academic records. The transcript should include full titles and completion period of the units that the student has completed for the degree (or at the very least the overall study time at the institution), grades and credit points obtained together with information on the grading scale used at the institution at the time of study. The transcript must cover the full length of studies.
- Certificate of English proficiency. For detailed information about submitting the language test reports, see language requirements.
- Copy of the identification page of passport.
- Motivation letter. The letter should depict applicant's educational goals and study objectives for the University of Eastern Finland and explain their personal motives for choosing this particular programme.
See also country-specific document requirements. Please note that country-specific requirements apply only to admitted applicants. During the application period, only scanned copies of original documents are required.
If educational documents are issued in a language other than English, Finnish or Swedish, official translations of them to one of these languages are required. Also officially certified copies of the original documents have to be submitted. All educational documents must be officially certified or legalised: How to submit documents.
Incomplete applications will not be processed.
The results of the selection will be announced to the applicants by 26 March 2021. All applicants will be informed of their acceptance/rejection by email. The successful candidates are required to accept their study place by 3 May 2021 15.00 (GMT+2). Students will start their studies in September 2021.