The application period opens on 1.12.2021 and closes on 19.1.2022 at 15.00 (GMT+2). In 2022, a maximum of 15 students will be selected into the programme on the basis of their application documents.
The application process
The applicants apply through studyinfo.fi. Once the applicants have filled out the online application, required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application. Online application form is required to be submitted by 19.1.2022 at 15.00 (GMT+2) and the required enclosures can be uploaded electronically to the application until 26.1.2022 at 15.00 (GMT+2).
For more details please see general instructions in How to apply.
1. The official online application form, duly filled in.
2. A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport showing personal details.
3. A scanned copy of the latest degree certificate, accompanied, if this is not in Finnish, Swedish, or English by a translation of it into English by an authorized translator.
4. A scanned copy of the applicant’s course transcript and, if this is not in Finnish, Swedish, or English, an English-language translation of this by an authorised translator. The transcript must state the number of credits, completion date, and mark achieved for each study unit, along with the scale of grading used by the university in question.
5. A short (max. 500 words) ‘Letter of Motivation’ stating why the applicant is interested in studying in the MedPhys programme in Kuopio, Finland.
6. A scanned certificate of proficiency in the English language (TOEFL, IELTS, C1, C2, PTE) or a scanned copy of a degree certificate attesting to the required language proficiency (if not the same as in item 3).
7. A curriculum vitae that includes statements on work experience, scientific achievements, other degrees obtained, and any exchange studies and other international experience.
8. Scanned copies of letters of recommendation from two references. The referees must be academics (teachers or supervisors) from a university at which the applicant has studied.
9. Possible document giving you an exemption from paying tuition fee.
For more details please see required documents.
For information about announcement of student selection results and verification of original documents please see admission results and how to submit documents.
Announcement of the student selection results
Results for studies starting in September 2022 will be published on 31.3.2022 at the latest. When the selection decision has been made, the results will be posted immediately to applicants by e-mail.
Admitted students shall inform whether they accept their study place by latest on 15.7.2022 electronically via Studyinfo portal or by submitting the confirmation form electronically to email@example.com.
According to One study place per term provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. For more information please see studyinfo.fi & admission results
An information package including information on accommodation, the residence permit and Student Union is sent by email to all the selected students. The practical guide for the new students, registration instructions, and the course timetable are sent by email later.