The application period opens on 3 January 2024 at 8:00 (EEST) and closes on 17 January 2024 at 15:00 (EEST). In 2024, a maximum of 15 students will be selected into the programme on the basis of their application documents.
The application process
The applicants apply through studyinfo.fi. Once the applicants have filled out the online application, required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application by 17 January 2024 at 15:00 (EEST). If necessary, additional supporting documents may be requested until 24 January 2024 at 15.00 (EEST).
UEF does not process incomplete applications and application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
More information: https://www.uef.fi/en/how-to-apply
The required enclosures need to be uploaded electronically to the application by 24 January 2024 at 3 pm (EEST) at the latest. UEF does not process application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
- The official online application form, duly filled in
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s passport showing personal details (not required from Finnish applicants)
- A scanned copy of the latest degree certificate, accompanied, if this is not in Finnish, Swedish, or English by a translation of it into English by an authorized translator
- A scanned copy of the applicant’s course transcript and, if this is not in Finnish, Swedish, or English, an English-language translation of this by an authorized translator. The transcript must state the number of credits, completion date, and mark achieved for each study unit, along with the scale of grading used by the university in question.
- A short (max. 500 words) ‘Letter of Motivation’ stating why the applicant is interested in studying in the Master’s degree programme in Medical Physics in Kuopio, Finland
- A scanned certificate of proficiency in the English language (see language requirements) or a scanned copy of a degree certificate attesting to the required language proficiency (if not the same as in item 3)
- A curriculum vitae that includes statements on work experience, scientific achievements, other degrees obtained, and any exchange studies and other international experience
- Scanned copies of letters of recommendation from two references. The referees must be academics (teachers or supervisors) from a university at which the applicant has studied.
- Possible document giving you an exemption from paying tuition fee
Without enclosures 1-8 the applicant cannot be selected for the studies.
For more details, please see Required documents.
Announcement of the student selection results
Results for studies starting in September 2024 will be published on 12 April 2024 at the latest. When the selection decision has been made, the results will be posted immediately to applicants by email.
Admitted students shall inform whether they accept their study place by latest on 11 July 2024 electronically via Studyinfo portal or by submitting the confirmation form electronically to email@example.com.
According to One study place per term provision, a student may accept only one study place leading to a higher education degree in Finland during one academic term. This rule applies to all higher education. For more information, please see studyinfo.fi.
For information about announcement of student selection results, please see Admission results.
An information package including information on accommodation, the residence permit and Student Union is sent by email to all the selected students. The practical guide for the new students, registration instructions, and the course information are sent by email later.
Orientation program for the new international students and the Medical Physics courses start on 2 September 2024.
Verification of original documents
We require that all admitted applicants submit their original degree certificates for verification upon arrival in Finland.
Selected students who are unable to deliver the electronically certified final diploma and transcript of records during the application period will be selected on a conditional basis. Students who accept the study place are required to provide officially certified copies of the degree certificate and final transcript of records, or submit them according to country-specific document requirements, by 9.8.2024 at the latest. If the required documents do not arrive on time or cannot be verified electronically by the deadline, the study place will be cancelled.
NB! There are country-specific document requirements in place for academic qualifications awarded in certain countries. If your degree is completed in a country that has country-specific requirements, you must submit your educational documents following the relevant country-specific instructions.