You will apply through your desired home university and be selected by both the home and the host university, and will be required to meet the minimum admission criteria for graduate studies at both universities.
The deadline for the programme specific call for applications each year is 15 January.
If there are any questions related to the application or general requirements, please contact the local Transfor-M advisor.
The application documents include:
- Application form
- Letter of intent (not more than two pages)
- Curriculum vitae
- Academic transcripts of current and previous degrees + degree certificate(s)
- Evidence of English language skills (TOEFL, see the requirements of the host university you are planning to apply)
- Two letters of recommendation (reference letters should be sent directly from referee to the advisor)
Sign and scan the forms and submit your application by email to your local Transfor-M advisor (UEF: firstname.lastname@example.org) by 15 January 2021. The templates can be found HERE.
In case you are pre-selected to participate in the Transfor-M programme, you need to apply for admission at your host university (and home university if you are not yet enrolled as a Master student at your home university) according to the instructions provided by the home universities and/or by the local coordinators. See the instructions for UEF below.
Transfor-M application procedures at UEF
Every year 1-5 students from UEF will get the chance to study in Canada. Selection will favour students with strong academic records and experience and credentials, suggesting serious interest in international work.
Please see below the instructions how to apply for admission:
1) If you are already a Bachelor or Master degree student in forest sciences at UEF, you need to apply for admission in the programme specific call as described above and submit the application documents to the local Transfor-M advisor at UEF by 15 January 2021.
2) If you hold a BSc in forest sciences but not from the University of Eastern Finland, in addition to sending your application to the local Transfor-M advisor at UEF by 15 January, you ALSO need to apply for the study right at UEF through Studyinfo.fi by 20 January in case you wish to have UEF as the home university. For the instructions see here.
3) Students who have applied to Transfor-M programme as one of the Canadian universities as the home university and have been pre-selected to Transfor-M programme with UEF as the host university, will be informed how to apply for the study right at UEF in case selected to Transfor-M programme.
If there are any questions related to the application or general requirements at UEF, please contact the local Transfor-M advisor at UEF.
Instructions how to apply for the study right at UEF
The on-line application form must be filled in and the required enclosures need to be attached (in pdf format) with the on-line application. At the application state we require only scanned enclosures attached (uploaded) to the application form. Paper copies are not required during the application period. Please see further instructions and how to submit your application documents here. The recommendation letters can be attached with the online application form OR they can be sent by email directly to the programme coordinator, Ms. Marjoriitta Möttönen (email@example.com) by the referee.
The required enclosures are:
a. The scanned copy of the original degree certificate (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the degree certificate, see admission requirements below
b. The scanned copy of the original transcript of records (in the original language) and an English, Finnish or Swedish translation of the transcript of records, see admission requirements below
c. English language certificate, see admission requirements below
d. Two recommendation letters
e. A copy of passport (not required from Finnish applicants)
f. Curriculum vitae
g. Possible document giving you an exemption from paying tuition fee In addition, as a part of the admission requirements, in the application form you will be requested to write a motivation letter (max. 1000 characters) and include information about your work experience (max. 500 characters) and international experience (max. 500 characters).
Application procedure step by step for the University of Eastern Finland
You will begin the application process on the national Studyinfo portal. Application form is available at studyinfo.fi only when the call for applications is open (2 December 2020 - 20 January 2021 at 15:00 (GMT +2)).
Go to Studyinfo portal and begin the application here. You must fill in the online application and submit it with the required scanned enclosures. We will not process application documents that have arrived after the deadline. For more information about how to apply, please see the website of the Admissions Office of the University of Eastern Finland.
Application instructions in a nutshell
If you wish to have UEF as your home university, you are advised to fill in the online application form and to make sure you have attached the required application enclosures (in pdf format). At the application state we require only scanned enclosures attached (uploaded) to the application form. Paper copies are not required during the application period.
Should you have any questions about completing your application, please contact our Admissions Office, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 29 445 8990.
In case you have questions concerning the application requirements, please contact Ms Marjoriitta Möttönen, email@example.com, tel. +358 (0) 50 442 3031.
Application documents will not be returned to the applicant.
Further information on application procedure at the University of Eastern Finland: Admission to Master's Degree Programmes.