Students with suitable background education and a MSc or licenciate degree can be accepted as PhD students in the programme (need for supplementary studies will be assessed on a case-by-case basis).
In nursing science, only students, who have performed advanced studies in the discipline of nursing science, can be accepted as PhD students . In addition, the amount and quality of intermediate and advanced studies in research methodology (quantitative and qualitative methods, statistics) or otherwise proven methodological skills are taken into account in the selection process.
The skills of eligible applicants to any of the doctoral programmes provided by the Faculty of Health Sciences and their commitment to a successful completion of their doctoral studies are assessed according to the following joint criteria, which constitute the admission criteria to the programme:
- quality of the research plan: innovativeness of the research topic, feasibility, clarity and implementation methods of the research plan as well as its suitability to the research profile and strategy of the department, school or unit where the research project is to be carried out;
- funding plan
- scientific and practical relevance of the research topic;
- evidence of any previous research projects carried out by the applicant, such as working as a researcher
- performance in Master's studies or corresponding studies
- international orientation and language skills required in the studies.
In the selection process, the adequacy of supervision and the special expertise required from the supervisor are also taken into consideration as well as.