Landscape Geography and Collaborative Knowledge Creation, MOOC, 2023-2024
- 1.9.2023 - 31.7.2024
- 2 ECTS credits
- Continuous learning category:
- Law and society, Environmental and natural sciences
- Teaching format:
- Independent learning, Online teaching
- 30 € (VAT 0%)
- European Landscape Convention
- Citizen science and citizen science technologies
- Civic engagement
- Collaborative knowledge creation
- Traditional & local knowledge
- Scenario building
Learnig outcomes: After completing the course, the student:
- is familiar with landscape approach
- recognizes the key questions concerning landscape governance, collaborative knowledge creation and civic engagement
- has enhanced their landscape awareness
- is able to manage innovative and participatory technologies supporting landscape planning
- is able to co-create simple scenarios for the use of landscape management
Target group: The course is open to everyone interested in landscape and regional geography.
Modes of study: Compulsory individual survey in the beginning and in the end of the course. Automatically evaluated assignments in the end of the study modules 2-5. The final assignment is evaluated by a teacher.
Teaching methods: Online studies on DigiCampus study platform (54 h).
Teacher: Minna Tanskanen
The course is available online between Sep 1st, 2023 and July 31st, 2024. More information, the description and timelines of the course can be found from Peppi study guide. In their studies, open university students must adhere to the same schedules and study modes as degree students.
Please note that there will be a break in registration due to a system change. Registration closes on Friday, Nov 17th, 2023 at 3 pm and opens again on Friday, Dec 8th, 2023 at 9 am.
Study units cost 15 € / credit. This price holds for the academic year 2023–2024.
For more information on study fees and payment and cancellation terms, please see: Registration, study fees and right to study | University of Eastern Finland (uef.fi). Study right is between Sep 1st, 2023 and July 31st, 2023.
Fees for purchasing/lending literature are not covered by the University.
If you can’t identify yourself using the Suomi.fi service or your employer would pay your tuition fee, please contact our training secretary; their contact information is below.
English-language courses are free for the 2023-2024 academic year for those with the status of temporary protection from Migri. See more on studying at UEF and registration for the course while under temporary protection here:
Irrespective of time