Libraries will be temporarily closed, access routes to libraries will change and noise can be expected
- Kuopio Campus Library will be completely closed from May 1 to June 4, 2021.
- Joensuu Campus Library will be completely closed from May 10 to June 4, 2021.
- Due to renovation preparations, Joensuu Campus Library and Kuopio Campus Library will move to summer opening hours on April 19, 2021.
- Summer opening hours are valid at the Kuopio Campus Library from 19 April to 30 April and at the Joensuu Campus Library from 19 April to 7 May and in both from 7 June to 31 August 2021.
- The renovations will last throughout the summer and thus, it may not be possible to work in peace and quiet at the campus libraries. For more information about other self-study facilities on campuses, visit Kamu.
- Loan periods will be extended over the closing period.
- Reservations can only be made until April 20, 2021. The restriction also applies to the books of KUH Medical Library.
- Reservations made by 5 p.m. on April 20, 2021 on books available on shelves will be processed and delivered for retrieval to the customer's desired campus library. Reservations cannot be made from April 21 to June 6, 2021. The option to place requests will reopen on 7 June 2021.
- Reading room copies will be loaned out over the closing period. They can be borrowed from 12 p.m. on the last opening day.
- Books can be returned during the closing period through the book drop hatches on campuses. Note the changed place of the Kuopio Campus Library’s book drop hatch: it will be located at the B-door during the renovation.
- In Joensuu, Oppari and IT service desk will serve in temporary facilities in Agora building as of 21 April.
Both Joensuu and Kuopio Campus will undergo renovations during the spring and summer. Changes to the lobby of the Snellmania building at the Kuopio Campus and the construction of the new Conservatoire at the Joensuu Campus will also affect the facilities and services of the libraries. The measures will last from March to the end of August.
If you need to borrow printed materials, be prepared for changes in services and borrow the books you need on time.
There may be changes to services. Follow the news on the library’s website, on social media and on Yammer.
For more information: firstname.lastname@example.org