Neurobiology of Disease
Research is focused on understanding the cellular and molecular mechanisms of neurodegenerative diseases with a focus on Alzheimer’s disease. We utilize sophisticated in vitro and in vivo methodologies and human and murine models.
Major research topics
- Transcellular and intercellular communication in neurodegenerative diseases
- Mitochondrial degradation: mechanisms and consequences in neurodegenerative diseases
- Neurogenesis alterations in disease
- Interplay between environmental factors and brain health
- The importance of Nrf2 in mitochondria
Now recruiting a postdoctoral researcher!
See details at: https://www.uef.fi/en/uef/en-open-positions