Transferable Skills Studies
The UEF Doctoral School organises transferable skills courses which are common to all doctoral students at UEF.
The aim of transferable skills courses is that the postgraduate student
- familiarises him/herself with the theory and philosophy of science and research ethics and assumes a good scientific practice
- is able to plan a scientific research project, including problematization, methods, resources and scheduling
- acquires good communication skills: general and scientific oral and writing skills and popularization of science.
- learns management and teamwork skills
- can give education and is able to work in various expert tasks.
The following Tranferable Skills Courses are available in English:
- Conference English, 3 cp
- English for Postgraduate Students, 4 cp
- Research Information Retrieval and Management, 2 cp
- Doctoral Studies, Career and Networking, 1 cp
- Business for PhD Students, 2 cp
- Scientific Thought and the History of Science, 3 cp
- Research Ethics, 1 cp
- Research Project Mangement, 2 cp
- Research Supervision, 1 cp
- Seminar for Doctoral Students and Supervisors, 1 cp