Persons who have completed pharmaceutical, natural science or other applicable upper university degrees or similar level studies (medicine, dentistry; 300 ECTS) may apply to the Doctoral Program in Drug Research.
The skills of eligible applicants to any of the doctoral programmes provided by the Faculty of Health Sciences and their commitment to a successful completion of their doctoral studies are assessed according to the following joint criteria, which constitute the admission criteria to the programme:
- quality of the research plan: innovativeness of the research topic, feasibility, clarity and implementation methods of the research plan as well as its suitability to the research profile and strategy of the department, school or unit where the research project is to be carried out
- funding plan
- scientific and practical relevance of the research topic
- evidence of any previous research projects carried out by the applicant, such as working as a researcher
- performance in Master's studies or corresponding studies
- international orientation and language skills required in the studies.
In the selection process, the adequacy of supervision and the special expertise required from the supervisor are also taken into consideration. Applicants' preparedness, motivation and commitment to doctoral studies can also be estimated with interviews.
The eligibility of the applicant's degree will be assessed by the Doctoral Programme in Drug Research, and a prospective student may be required to complete supplementary studies to acquire the competencies necessary for participating to the programme.