The following user groups can access the e-resources outside the university network via a remote access connection and the UEF Primo:
- UEF staff members
- UEF degree and postgraduate students
- UEF Open University students
- so-called cross-institutional students (students studying at the University of Eastern Finland through cooperation agreements between institutions)
- UEF MBA students
- UEF Psychotherapist Training students
- UEF specialisation studies students
- KUH staff members
The KUH staff members who are not also students or staff of the university (and therefore do not have a UEF username) can receive separate remote access rights by visiting the KUH Medical Library.
The rights to access the resources remotely are valid for the duration of the studies or employment. Remote access rights are valid only for students who have registered as being present. A person comparable to a staff member may be granted remote access rights to e-resources by decision of the director of the unit or department. If there is a need for such remote access rights, please contact the human resources secretary of your unit or department.
UEF usernames are administrated by the university's IT services.