- Environment and natural resources
- Health and well-being
- Event date:
- Event location:
- Additional information:
- Add to calendar:
Karelia Symposium theme this year is Health from wood. The topic will be discussed by top experts of the field:
• Mike Burnard, University of Primorska: Health benefits from using wood materials in building
• Marko Hyttinen, University of Eastern Finland: Volatile organic compounds in wood buildings
• Kalervo Väänänen, University of Turku: Medicines and health products from tree-derived substances
• Ari Pappinen, University of Eastern Finland: Developing the value chain of Inonotus obliquus (pakuri)
• Paavo Heikkinen, Repolar Pharmaceuticals Oy: Benefits of tree resin products in human and animal health care
We will also hear about topical PhD and MSc projects, and 1-minute pitches from poster presenters. Please find the call for poster proposals here.
Grant decisions for wood science research at University of Eastern Finland, provided by Teollisuusneuvos Heikki Väänänen’s Fund, will be published in Karelia Symposium.
Please find the whole programme here. The language of the symposium is English.
The link to participate the event can be found from the website from April 1st onwards in the address https://sites.uef.fi/karelia-symposium/?lang=en. No registration beforehand is needed. Welcome!
For more information, please contact Professor of Wood Materials Science, Dr. Ossi Turunen, telephone +358 50 342 5151, email firstname.lastname@example.org.