Eligible applicants to the Doctoral Programme of Clinical Research have either completed or currently ongoing studies in medicine or dental science, or applicable Master's degree. The applicant should have an ongoing or planned research project suitable for doctoral dissertation with a research plan approved by an eligible main supervisor, and have agreed supervisors for the project.
The skills of eligible applicants to any of the doctoral programmes provided by the Faculty of Health Sciences and their commitment to a successful completion of their doctoral studies are assessed according to the following joint criteria, which constitute the admission criteria of the programme:
- quality of the research plan: innovativeness of the research topic, feasibility, clarity and implementation methods of the research plan as well as its suitability to the research profile and strategy of the department, school or unit where the research project is to be carried out;
- funding plan;
- scientific and practical relevance of the research topic;
- evidence of any previous research projects carried out by the applicant, such as working as a researcher
- performance in Master’s studies or corresponding studies
- international orientation and language skills required in the studies
In the selection process, the adequacy of supervision and the special expertise required from the supervisor are also taken into consideration
The eligibility of the applicant's degree will be assessed by the Doctoral Programme of Clinical Research, and a prospective student may be required to complete supplementary studies to acquire the competencies necessary for participating to the programme.