Open university: Basic Studies in Lifelong Learning and Sustainable Development, 2023-2024
- 25 ECTS credits
- Continuous learning category:
- Teaching, education and psychology
- Teaching format:
- Online teaching, Distance teaching, Independent learning, Blended teaching
- 375 € (VAT 0%)
The courses cover topics such as educational sciences, lifelong learning, adult education, and non-formal education as tools to promote sustainable development and active citizenship.
The student will
- Identify the position of educational sciences in the science system
- Be aware of structures of formal educational systems and nonformal education
- Know the different definitions and uses of lifelong learning as a policy concept and practice
- Be aware of how education and development of society is linked
- Understand how formal and nonformal education can contribute to sustainable development and active citizenship
- Know how to search and use scientific and educational literature in presentations and essays
- Develop intercultural communication skills
The basic studies Lifelong Learning and Sustainable Development also offer an open university route to a Bachelor Degree Programme of the same name at the University of Eastern Finland. Read more here.
The normal study fee is 15 euros per ECTS credit. The study fee is paid at registration.
If the teaching is provided by a partner school of the Open University, the study fee consists of the Open University’s study fee and the partner school’s fee. The study fee is paid when registering for the course. Please find more information: Registration, study fees and right to study | University of Eastern Finland (uef.fi) There is no separate registration or fee for study modules; register for each course individually.
By paying the study fee, the student receives a temporary right to study that entitles them to attend a particular course. The right to study is course-specific, and is required to complete the course as specified in the syllabus for the term, covering both teaching and course exams. If the course is continuously open for registration, the maximum time to complete the course is from 1 August to 31 July for that academic year.
If you have been granted temporary protection in Finland (by Migri), this English-language course is free for the academic year 2023-2024. Please contact training secretary for registration.
Irrespective of time
Day time teaching