Is your company or organisation interested to participate to a subsidised training programme for international Master’s students from UEF?
The University of Eastern Finland offers a traineeship voucher worth EUR 2500 to companies and organisations who employ an international student for at least 2 months (or 4 months half-day work) with a minimum salary of at least EUR 1252 per month. In case your company/organisation wants to join, we only need a brief description of the tasks and the name of the contact person at this stage (maximum 200 words).
UEF will arrange the call for applications to all our international Master’s students during October-November 2022 and ask candidates to submit requested application documents. The selection of trainees is left to the company or organisation, however, in case of a large number of applications, the university will provide assistance in the pre-selection process. We can also assist you in organising a Teams interview, for instance.
International students willing to find jobs
International Master’s students often have a very diverse background in education and know-how. Our international Master’s students are also willing to work and live in the region after graduation. According to a recent UEF report, four out of five respondents want to look primarily for jobs in Eastern Finland or in Finland in general after graduating.
Through the UEF Trainee Programme, the University of Eastern Finland wants to develop students´ working life connections and skills and, at the same time, give an opportunity to the local companies and organisations to discover our international talents.
Supported traineeships in the UEF Trainee Programme
- Any company/organisation can participate in the UEF Trainee Programme by sending a short (maximum 200 words) description of the tasks available to the International Affairs Coordinator Marko Pietilä by 15 October by e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The UEF Trainee Programme supports each traineeship with a voucher worth EUR 2500 for a fixed-term pay of at least two months (requiring a minimum salary of at least EUR 1 252 per month following the minimum wage requirement of Kela).
- The company/organisation must take care of the normal employer’s obligations, such as insurance and ancillary costs of employment.
- The committed companies/organisations will be listed in the UEF call for internship applications, and students will then apply to the position of their interest. For the selection, each candidates’ application documents (CV and motivation letter) will be sent to the company/organisation after the application period has ended in November. We will be happy to assist in selection process, for example, by helping to organize an online interview for eligible applicants.
- Funding will be available from autumn 2021 until the end of 2022, in other words, the supported traineeship must be fully completed by the end of 2022.
- By the agreement of the employer and the trainee, the internship can be executed alternatively as a two-month full-time traineeship or a four-month half-time traineeship.
- To be admitted to the traineeship programme, applicants must have an active study right at UEF at the end of the application period.
- Graduation during or before the traineeship does not prevent participation in the traineeship programme.
- Once the minimum requirements for traineeship are met (minimum 2-month employment and a minimum salary of at least EUR 1 252 per month), the student and the employer apply for wage subsidy (i.e. EUR 2500 internship voucher). This application must be accompanied by a signed employment contract and pay slips.
Please see detailed info about UEF International Master’s Degree Programmes: https://www.uef.fi/en/international-masters-degree-programmes.