The application period for the UEF Summer School courses 2022 will open on 15 March 2022. The general application deadline is 15 June 2022. Please note that some courses have different deadlines.
How to submit an application to UEF Summer School?
(Note: UEF students, scroll down for additional instructions on how to apply)
1. Go through the course selection and choose one of the courses you would like to apply to. Please pay attention to the possible prerequisites given in the course descriptions and to the campus (Joensuu). Please note that the courses are running at the same time, so attending more than one course is not possible.
2. Prepare the following documents that you should enclose to the application form:
- A copy of your latest transcript in English. If you are not currently studying, prepare a copy of your latest diploma (bachelor or higher) in English.
- A copy of your valid personal identification (passport or ID card).
- Some courses require a Letter of Motivation and a CV with the application.
3. Fill in the application form and send the form and the enclosures electronically. You do not have to send any copies by email or post.
4. Wait for the confirmation of acceptance which will be sent to you through the application system. The decision on the acceptance is made by the department/school organising the course, so the time of getting the acceptance notification varies.
5. You will get the instructions on how to pay the participation fee along with the confirmation of acceptance. See also participation fees and payment instructions for further information (sections below).
6. Once you have paid the course fee, you will get an official acceptance letter. Please indicate on the application form or by email firstname.lastname@example.org if you need an original acceptance letter for visa purposes. You can check if you need a visa and what travel documents are accepted in Finland on the website of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. If you need a visa to enter Finland, you should apply for it at your home country before leaving for Finland.
7. Book your accommodation and travel tickets after you have received the acceptance letter. Once you have booked your travel tickets, fill in the Arrival Form.
8. Sign in for the social programme by filling in the separate Registration Form. There will be more information about the social programme and the list of activities on the subpage of the current course selection.
Finally, you can just enjoy the anticipation of joining our Summer School!
UEF students: How to apply?
1. Go through the course selection and choose one of the courses you would like to apply to. Please pay attention to the possible prerequisites given in the course descriptions and also to the campus (Joensuu). Please note that the courses are running at the same time, so attending more than one course at the same time is not possible.
2. IMPORTANT: Enter the application system and choose Finland as your citizenship. Do this even though your citizenship is other than Finnish. You will then get a separate (simpler) application/registration form. You are not required to enclose any compulsory enclosures or motivation letter.
3. Your participation to the courses is free of charge so you will get no invoice nor official acceptance letter.
Please note that the course registration is binding. If you want to cancel your participation, you must inform the Summer School staff via email email@example.com no later than two weeks before the course starts.