The application period for the UEF Summer School courses 2022 will be updated here.
How to submit an application to UEF Summer School?
(Note: UEF students, scroll down for additional instructions on how to apply)
1. Go through the course selection and choose one of the courses you would like to apply to. Please pay attention to the possible prerequisites given in the course descriptions and to the campus (Joensuu or Kuopio). Please note that the courses are running at the same time, so attending more than one course is not possible.
2. Prepare the following documents that you should enclose to the application form:
- A copy of your latest transcript in English. If you are not currently studying, prepare a copy of your latest diploma (bachelor or higher) in English.
- A copy of your valid personal identification (passport or ID card).
3. Fill in the application form and send the form and the enclosures electronically. You don't have to send any copies by email or post.
4. Wait for the confirmation of acceptance, which will be send to you through the application system. The decision about the acceptance is made in the departments/schools organising the course so the time of getting the acceptance notification varies.
5. You will get the instructions on how to pay the course fee along with the confirmation of acceptance. See also course fees and payment instructions for further information (sections below).
6. Once you have paid the course fee, you will get an official acceptance letter. Please indicate on the application form or by email summer.school(at)uef.fi if you need an original acceptance letter for visa purposes. You can check if you need a visa and what travel documents are accepted in Finland at the page of Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland. If you need a visa to enter Finland, you should apply for it at your home country before leaving for Finland.
7. Book your accommodation and travel tickets after you have received the acceptance letter. Once you have booked your travel tickets, fill in the Arrival Form.
8. Sign in for the social programme by filling in the separate Registration Form. There will be more information about the social programme and the list of activities on the subpage of the current course selection.
Then just enjoy the anticipation of joining our Summer School!
UEF students: How to apply?
1. Go through the course selection and choose one of the courses you would like to apply to. Please pay attention to the possible prerequisites given in the course descriptions and also to the campus (Joensuu/Kuopio). Please note that the courses are running at the same time, so attending more than one course at the same time is not possible.
2. IMPORTANT: Enter the application system and choose Finland as your citizenship. Do this even though your citizenship is other than Finnish. You will then get a separate (simpler) application/registration form. You are not required to enclose any compulsory enclosures or motivation letter.
3. Your participation to the courses is free of charge so you will get no invoice nor official acceptance letter.
Please note that the course registration is binding. If you want to cancel your participation, you must inform the Summer School staff (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than two weeks before the course starts.