How to apply?
Starting with admissions for studies beginning at the earliest in the fall of 2018, applicants will begin the application process on the national Studyinfo portal where they can search for suitable programmes and begin the application. You need to fill in a separate application form for each programme (example how to find an application form).
Information concerning the documents you need for admissions is provided by the programme you are applying to and the Studyinfo portal. The list of required documents is also on the online application.
Please note that each application must have its own set of requested application documents. Once you have filled out the online application, send all of your documents to University of Eastern Finland (UEF) to the address given in the application form and in the admission requirements. Your application documents have to arrive by the given deadline. E-mail attachments will not be accepted. UEF does not process application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
Instructions in a nutshell
- Check the website of the programme you are interested in and make sure you know the admission requirements. Sign up for a language test well in advance (TOEFL, IELTS or similar), if required and/or necessary.
- When the application period begins, fill out the online application form and make sure you have the required application enclosures.
You can send the required enclosures by mail or use an international courier service. The mailing address will be mentioned in the admission requirements.
- If you use a courier service, you need to give our phone numer, which is +358 29 445 8990.
- Make sure your application enclosures reach our university by the given deadline at 15.00 (GMT+2).
- All mail will be processed in order of arrival and once your documents have been processed, you will receive an e-mail notification from the programme coordinator.
Should you have any questions about completing your application and sending the documents to UEF, please contact our admissions office, admissions[at]uef.fi, tel. +358 29 445 8990.
Application should include all the documents that are mentioned in the online application form. In addition to the standard document requirements, educational documents from certain countries must be submitted in a certain way. You can check the country-specific requirements from this pdf -documents (will be updated soon).
All documents must be submitted in Finnish, Swedish or English. Also the copies of the original documents have to be submitted. An official translation must be one of the following:
- issued by the awarding institution
- an officially certified copy of a translation issued by the awarding institution
- translated by an official translator
- an officially certified copy of a translation made by an official translator
Each page of an official translation must bear the translator's stamp and/or signature. Official translations must be exact translations of the original documents. Translations done by the applicant him- or herself are not accepted.
All educational documents must be either officially certified by the awarding institution, or legalised. Officially certified copies issued by a Finnish Notary Public will also be accepted. However, note that there are country-specific document requirements in place for some degree-awarding countries. Documents from these countries must be attested or submitted in a certain way. These Country-Specific requirements must be followed first and foremost, before any regular requirements for attesting documents.
Verification of educational certificates
University of Eastern Finland will evaluate the eligibility and authenticity of the educational certificates of all applicants. This includes e.g. contacting the previous educational institutions and language test providers. Any malpractice will be reported to the universities and proper authorities.