How to apply?
The application period for 2019 intake has ended. There is one intake per year and the studies start the following September. Next application period for 2020 intake will begin at the end of this year. Starting with admissions for studies applicants will begin the application process on the national Studyinfo portal where they can search for suitable programmes and begin the application. Each applicant can fill in one application form for the University of Eastern Finland, but with one application it is possible to apply up to four (4) study programmes of our university. Please see an example of a page in Studyinfo showing a link to the application form.
After you submit your application you receive a confirmation email. This email includes a link for making changes to your application. Changes can be made until 31 January 2019, but it is possible to upload documents after the application deadline until 14th February (supplementary time).
Information concerning the documents you need for admissions is provided by the programme you are applying to on the programme's website and at the national application portal Studyinfo in programme descriptions. The list of required documents is also on the online application.
At the application state we require only scanned enclosures attached (uploaded) to the application form. Paper copies are not required during the application period. Once you have filled out the online application, required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application (recommended file types pdf and jpeg, max. file size 10 MB) until 14 February 2019 at 3 pm (GMT+2). Please make sure that you upload each enclosure to the right place in the application form. Your application documents have to arrive by the given deadline. UEF does not process application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
Instructions in a nutshell
- Check the website of the programme you are interested in and make sure you know the admission requirements. Sign up for a language test well in advance (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE), if required and/or necessary.
- When the application period begins, fill in the required information with care, upload all the required documents in electronic format and then submit the online application.
- Required enclosures must be uploaded electronically to the application (recommended file types pdf and jpeg, max. file size 10 MB). Please see more information on How to submit documents.
- We accept scanned copies of the original degree certificates and transcripts as well as the translations when they are required.
- We do not accept scans of photocopies unless they have been certified by the awarding institution
- Please scan the original documents with care, always scan in color and remember to scan all pages. If your scan is blurred, discolored or the file is flawed it will not be accepted. The use of PDF -format is encouraged, as this ensures that the files can be opened in all operating systems.
- The University of Eastern Finland also accepts electronic transcripts submitted through a few recognized sources. Please see Electronic Transcripts for details.
Make sure your application enclosures are uploaded by the given deadline at 3 pm (GMT+2). Also the language test results must reach the University of Eastern Finland by the deadline.
Should you have any questions about completing your application and uploading the documents to UEF application form, please contact our admissions office, admissions[at]uef.fi, tel. +358 29 445 8990.
Application should include all the documents that are mentioned in the online application form. For more information, please see Required documents.