The need for vitamin D supplementation may depend on individual responsiveness to the pre-hormone. Low responders should aim at a higher vitamin D status, according to a recent review.
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- UEF Associate Member of Bio-based Industries Consortium (22.02.2017)
- International recognition for Maria Lähteenmäki (20.02.2017)
- Researchers introduce a personal vitamin D response index (20.02.2017)
- Personalised physical therapy brings relief for lower back pain (16.02.2017)
- Battle history finds meanings in hindsight (16.02.2017)
UEF // Events
- 24 Feb Guest lecture: Deputy Ambassador of the Kingdom of the Netherlands Özlem Canel: EU 2.0 - today’s challenges and tomorrow’s solutions, Kuopio and Joensuu
- 9-10 March 5th annual international and European energy law and policy conference Energy Transitions, Joensuu
- 15-17 March, 2017 Nordic Congress of Clinical Neurophysiology & Kuopio Epilepsy Symposium 2017
- 24 Mar Dissertation, MHSc Suyen Karki (Nursing Science), Kuopio
- 30 March Anniversary Celebration of the University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio