During their studies, students will be able to create working-life skills and build their own working-life networks. The studies also provide methodological and theoretical skills to analyse and study education as a constructor of individuals and society. This makes it possible to continue studies in one of the university’s international Master's programmes.
Check course catalogue in Peppi.
Orientation, and language and communication studies (16 ECTS)
Basic studies in education (25 ECTS)
Methodological studies (20 ECTS)
Content subject courses (34 ECTS)
Minor subject studies: Either a basic and subject study combination, or two sets of basic study combinations (50-60 ECTS)
Elective studies: Any university studies or a study unit (25-35 ECTS)
The programme does not confer teacher qualifications. Instead the programme produces competencies that can be utilized in a wide variety of occupations. Students’ own interests, minor studies, and work experience guides future career opportunities.
Career opportunities aren’t limited to one specific profession!
- Education and adult education
- Educational planning
- Educational policy
- Development projects
- Development cooperation
After completing the bachelors degree you can continue your studies and apply for master's programme.
Basic studies in education 25 ECTS
- Introduction to education and lifelong learning 5 ECTS
- Adult education promoting sustainable development 6 ECTS
- Finnish education and society 5 ECTS
- Current trends in education 4 ECTS
- Active citizenship and non-formal education 5 ECTS
Intermediate studies in education 54 ECTS
Methodological studies 20 ECTS
- Quantitative research (lectures) 4 ECTS
- Quantitative research (seminars) 1 ECTS
- Qualitative research methods for bachelor programmes 5 ECTS
- Bachelor thesis seminar (LLLSus) 3 ECTS
- Bachelor’s thesis (LLLSus) 6 ECTS
- Maturity test (LLLSus) 0 ECTS
Thematic studies 34 ECTS
- Globalization and education 5 ECTS
- Lifelong learning and lifecourse 5 ECTS
- Education policy and education system 4 ECTS
- Classics of education and adult education 5 ECTS
- Theory and practice of network and project work I 5 ECTS
- Internship (LLLSus) 10 ECTS