Application and Documents
In order to check the eligibility of the applicant for the programme, the applicant has to submit an application and the following application documents:
- Certification of completed secondary education degree
- Certification of English language skills
You can check country-specific requirements for required documents through the following link: xxxx
Secondary education certification
Eligible applicants must hold a certificate of upper secondary education (ISCED level 3; it typically ends when students are aged 17 or 18 years old; these programmes are designed primarily to prepare students so that they may continue their studies at a university, ISCED level 6). For example, the following certificates match the criteria: the Finnish matriculation examination, the International Baccalaureate, the European Baccalaureate, Reifeprüfung/Die Deutsche Internationale Abiturprüfung or any other comparable upper secondary educational qualification which provides eligibility to University level Bachelor’s studies in the applicant’s country of residence.
In addition to an upper secondary school degree, the university can accept a student who has:
- Completed Cambridge Advanced International Certificate of Education (AICE), or
- Who has been granted university study rights in Finland, or
- Who has completed at least a bachelor's, or similar, university degree in Finland or abroad.
Applicants who are in the final semester of their upper secondary education are also eligible to apply. The required secondary education studies must be completed by 19.1.2022. TÄHÄN LISÄTÄÄN TARKEMMAT TIEDOT ALKUPERÄISTEN TODISTUSTEN TARKISTAMISESTA
Applicants must either (1) meet the language proficiency criteria (see below), or (2) reach the minimum required language test results to be considered eligible to the University of Eastern Finland. No exceptions will be made.
(1) Applicants who hold one of the following do not have to take an English language test
- Secondary education or tertiary education in English in Australia, Canada, Great Britain, Ireland, New Zealand, or the United States
- Finnish matriculation examination in English language, minimum grade of magna cum laude approbatur (M)
- International Baccalaureate degree (diploma completed in English, satisfactory completion of A level English exam (literature / language and literature / literature and performance), satisfactory completion of B level English exam, minimum grade of 5 (good).
- EB degree:
L1, mother tongue (English) completed successfully.
L2 – or L3 language (English) completed with a minimum score of 7.
Reifeprüfung (RP) degree (German school of Helsinki) Satisfactory completion of English A (or a similar expected grade from upcoming DIA degree)
- Written scores are at a satisfactory level.
- Oral score being minimum of 8.
The language of instruction of secondary education must be proven with the degree certificate, diploma or transcript. Please note that all teaching and assessments must be entirely in English.
Online studies or studies completed on offshore campuses outside the accepted countries/area cannot be used to indicate language skills, even if the degree-awarding institution is in one of the accepted countries.
(2) All other applicants have to take one of the following language tests
Some test organisers give an expiration date on the tests. The language test results must be verifiable from the online verification service of the organiser. Language test scores are valid for two years from the day they are issued. TÄHÄN PÄIVÄMÄÄRÄT??