The study rights of degree students begin on 1.8. or 1.1. as the new semester begins. The open university students and other students can have their study right beginning on other times, check it as you register to the studies.
A new username can be activated the next day the study right is recorded in the study information system. The access rights require that the study right is recorded in the student register, the study right is valid, and you are registered accordingly.
Full access rights are available only if the person is strongly identified. To be identified strongly, the username has to be activated using Suomi.fi identification. If Suomi.fi identification is not available, visit our service desks with an official ID or passport, or contact us through our service contacts.
The username will have full access rights only as these three conditions are met:
- You are registered as a present or absent student
- Your study right is valid
- You have been strongly identified
For example: you will not have any access rights before your study right begins.
Activating the username
You can activate your account here with the one-time code you have received via email or by using Suomi.fi-identification: https://iam-app.uef.fi/activate/
Note that if you use the one-time code:
- Login with your student number without the SAS- prefix
- You have to be identified strongly for the full access rights
If Suomi.fi identification is not available, visit our service desks with an official ID or passport, or contact us through our service contacts for the strong identification.
During the activation:
- You accept the Terms of IT Service Use.
- You check your personal information and choose your preferred name.
- Choose your username.
- Create a password (check the password requirements).
- The password is valid for half a year!
- You will have a student email address according to your username.
- Check the information and accept the username activation.
The username and the email are available in four hours after activation. The email address is formed as: email@example.com.
Notice that to login to the O365 environment (e.g. email and Heimo services), you have to login as firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our O365 environment has deployed Multi-Factor Authentication, that has to be deployed as the username has been activated and is ready to use. Check more detailed instructions on the Multi-Factor Authentication.