The tuition fees range between 8,000 and 15,000 euros in 2020. To celebrate the 10th anniversary of the University of Eastern Finland, all new students admitted to international Master’s degree programmes in 2020 (September intake) are eligible to receive a partial tuition waiver. The tuition waiver is 50–80% of the annual tuition fee. For the second year of study, tuition waivers are available to students who have completed a minimum of 55 ECTS of studies included in their degree, during their first year of study.
Tuition fees and waivers 2020 by programme (Programme, Fee per year, Tuition waiver)
- Biomedicine (BIOMED), 15 000 €, 80 %
- Biology of Environmental Change, 8 000 €, 80 %
- Early Language Education for Intercultural Communication, 8 000 €, 80 %
- English Language and Culture, 8 000 €, 80 %
- Environmental Health and Technology, 8 000 €, 80 %
- Environmental Policy and Law, 8 000 €, 80 %
- Forestry (CBU and Transfor-M), 8 000 €, 80 %
- General Toxicology, 15 000 €, 80 %
- Information Technology (IMPIT), 12 000 €, 80 %
- International Business and Sales Management (IBS), 8 000 €, 50 %
- Learning, Teaching and Counselling in Intercultural Context, 8 000 €, 80 %
- Linguistic Data Sciences, 8 000 €, 80 %
- Medical Physics, 12 000 €, 80 %
- Photonics, 12 000 €, 80 %
- Public Health, 12 000 €, 80 %
- Research Chemists, 12 000 €, 80 %
- Tourism Marketing and Management, 8 000 €, 50 %
- Wood Materials Science, 8 000 €, 80 %
Paying the tuition fee
The annual fee is paid in two equal instalments per academic year. The due dates for the first academic year are 15 June and 30 November. The tuition fee for the second academic year is also paid in two equal instalments. The due dates are 31 July (monitoring of the completion of the required 55 ECTS by 30 June) and 30 November.
Each instalment must be paid in full by the deadline. The university will not send any reminders. If a student fails to pay the tuition fee in full by the deadline, the student cannot register to the university. The university has the obligation to report to the Finnish Immigration Service (MIGRI), if the student does not start his/her studies or the student drops out.
New accepted students (for studies starting in September 2020)
The first payment is done by using the link announced in the letter of acceptance. Copy the link from the letter of acceptance to browser and fill in payer and student information. Please make sure that you complete the Studyinfo Learner Number / ID and Student name in exact form as stated in the Student Agreement and the Letter of acceptance for academic years 2020-2022. After filling in the form select “Pay” to go to the online payment service (ePayments to Finnish banks, Credit card payments, MobilePay and PayPal are possible payment methods). After the payment you will receive the confirmation and receipt of the payment to the email provided in payer’s information. The payment links concerning the spring semester 2021, will be made available during autumn 2020.
Students accepted before 2020
The invoices are sent after May 15 by email to the student and at least 14 days before the due date. Payment is done by bank transfer, and the currency used is the euro (EUR). Detailed instructions for the payment, such as the university bank details, invoice number etc. will be in the invoice. It is important to follow the instructions carefully to avoid any unnecessary delays. Please make sure that you include the reference number from the invoice correctly, as it will enable the university to connect the payment with your details and allows you to enroll as soon as the payment has been confirmed by the university.