Aurora-rakennus, Yliopistokatu 2
- Add to calendar:
Due to the on-going global COVID-19 pandemic, we have decided to cancel the Energy Transitions 2021 event, scheduled to take place on 11 and 12 March 2021 in Joensuu, Finland. The event will come back in Energy Transitions 2022. Further information on Energy Transition 2022 will be provided later.
For 2021, we will be organising a webinar on Global Hydrogen Strategy. More information on this webinar will be provided soon.
The University of Eastern Finland (UEF) Law School in cooperation with the UEF Center for Climate Change, Energy and Environmental Law (CCEEL) is pleased to announce the call for papers for its 7th international energy law and policy conference “ENERGY TRANSITIONS”. The event will take place on 11 and 12 March 2021 in Joensuu, Finland.
Papers dealing with the following sub-themes are invited for discussions during the conference:
- Impact of COVID-19 on energy investments, energy contracts and trade
- Reforming international investment dispute settlement system and impact on energy disputes
- International LNG value chains: Current and future development
- International trade of energy products and multilateral, regional and mega-regional trade agreements
- Global developments in the oil, gas and power sectors
- European Green Deal
- Flexibility in the energy system: Energy storage, demand-side management and the role of consumers
- ESG and energy investments
- The 2030 Agenda, SDG 7
- The regulation of renewable and low-carbon energy sources
- Subsidies to renewable energy and fossil fuels
Deadline for submission of abstracts: 30 November 2020
- Leigh Hancher, Professor of European and Energy Law at the University of Tilburg, Netherlands
- Dirk Buschle, Deputy Director, Energy Community Secretariat, Vienna, Austria
- Barbara Kaech/ Sasa Beljin, Legal Counsels, Nord Stream 2 AG, Switzerland
- Andreas Goldthau, Professor and Franz Haniel Chair for Public Policy, Willy Brandt School of Public Policy at the University of Erfurt, Germany
Registration is open. For more information, please see conference web pages: