Tuition fees and scholarships
Tuition fees will be collected from citizens outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) or Switzerland, starting their studies in Master’s degree programmes conducted in English.
You will not need to pay the fee if you are:
- EU/EEA citizen or their family member (spouse/child)
- equivalent to EU/EEA citizens (i.e. citizen of Switzerland)
- already reside in Finland or some other EU country on a permanent basis (continuous (A) or permanent (P/P-EU) residence permit type), or have an EU Blue Card
- are enrolled in Doctoral/PhD level studies and research
- exchange student, regardless of the citizenship
- have started your Master’s degree studies before autumn 2017
The tuition fees in this programme is 8 000 euros. For students, the tuition fee will remain the same throughout the entire time of completing their degrees.
The tuition fee covers the studies included in the degree (personal study plan), studies-related supervision and counselling, and studies-related supporting services offered by the university. In addition, students are entitled to the services of the Finnish Student Health Service by paying the membership fee of the Student Union. The university assists students in finding accommodation.
Scholarships (tuition fee waivers) are awarded for two academic years on the condition of completing 55 ECTS credits per academic year. The scholarships (tuition fee waivers) are awarded on the basis of the student's academic achievements described above. The scholarship (tuition fee waiver) can cover the tuition fee either in full (100%) or partially (80%).
Information about the scholarships will be available at the university webpage (http://www.uef.fi/en/web/admissions/tuition-fees-and-scholarships )In addition to the scholarship for studies (tuition fee waivers), the faculties can grant an annual scholarship to cover the student’s living expenses during the two-year Master’s degree programme.
The degree programmes conducted in Finnish will remain free of charge regardless of the student’s citizenship. For more information about tuition fees, please see studyinfo.fi.