Neurobiology of Disease
// Current activities
- October 2018: Mirka Tikkanen joins the group as a laboratory technician
- September 2018: Riikka Lampinen takes part in teaching children to extract DNA from fruit at the Researcher’s Night event in Matkus, Kuopio.
- September 2018: Liudmila Saveleva joins the group as an EDUFI student
- September 2018: Alessandra Varricchio joins the group as an ERASMUS student
- September 2018: We welcome visiting scientist, Dr. Lezanne Ooi from the University of Wollongong, Australia.
- June 2018: We organized a course on Mitochondria and ROS Signaling. Check details at http://www.uef.fi/en/web/mitochondria-and-ros-signaling
- June 2018: Sweelin Chew joins the group as a postdoctoral student
- May 2018: Katja Kanninen receives funding from the Finnish Cultural Foundation for studying the effects of air pollutants on Alzheimer’s disease. More information at: https://www.uef.fi/-/suomen-kulttuurirahaston-maakuntarahastojen-suurapurahalla-selvitetaan-ilmansaasteiden-vaikutusta-aivoterveyteen
- April-May 2018: We welcome visiting scientist Ratneswary Sutharsan from QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute, Australia
- April 2018: Roni Setälä joins the group as an undergraduate student
- March 2018: Find our latest book chapter on astrocyte mitochondria in Alzheimer’s disease at: http://www.intechopen.com/articles/show/title/mitochondrial-function-in-alzheimer-s-disease-focus-on-astrocytes
- February 2018: Riikka Lampinen is awarded a Finnish Cultural Foundation grant for her PhD project.
- January 2018: Liisi Soppela and Jorge Canas join the group as MSc. degree students.
- January 2018: Irina Belaya and Dzhessi Rait attend the SynaNet H2020 Symposium in Lisboa, Portugal.
- December 2017: Katja Kanninen receives funding from the Yrjö Jahnsson Founding for a project deciphering the interplay between air pollution and Alzheimer’s disease.
- December 2017: Riikka Lampinen obtains a research grant from the Finnish Brain Foundation for her work on Alzheimer’s disease.
- November 2017: We participate in ‘Bring your child to work’ day on 24/11 to teach school children about science.
- September 2017: Dzhessi Rait attends the SynaNet H2020 Summer School in Lancaster University, UK.
- September 2017: Find the latest publication on neurogenesis at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/28733362
- September 2017: Annika Sorvari joins the group as a researcher. Annika’s research involves work with primary cell cultures and in vivo studies in a mouse model of Alzheimer’s disease.
- August-October 2017: Riikka Lampinen visits the QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute in Brisbane, Australia
- Katja Kanninen and Tarja Malm organized a 2-day course ‘Glial Cells in Neurodegeneration’ at the University of Eastern Finland on May 16-17, 2017. Please find more information at http://www.uef.fi/en/web/glial-cells-in-chronic-neurodegeneration/2
- May 2017: Irina Belaya joins the group as a PhD student.
- March 2017: Katja Kanninen received project funding from the Sigrid Juselius Foundation.
- January 2017: Our research is supported by a CIMO grant to Dzhessi Rait.