Cultural encounters, mobilities and borders
Deeper understanding of cultural encounters, mobilities and borders
Issues relating to globalisation concern us all. Cultural, linguistic and religious encounters, as well as changing identities, are very topical in today’s world. Migration and mobilities, and different geographical and mental borders, are also topics of discussion among decision-makers and citizens alike. Research-based knowledge enhances humanity’s understanding of our rapidly changing world, and gives us tools to tackle various challenges and to discover new opportunities.
Our research is internationally prominent, providing solutions to issues relating to mobilities, borders and security. In these topics of research, we constantly generate new knowledge that is rapidly available to societal decision-makers. In border studies, our strengths lie in research addressing internal borders and the border between the European Union and Russia. Border studies in the context of the humanities, on the other hand, makes visible the multi-layered nature of borders and provides tools for understanding different perspectives.
CULTCHANGE // NEWS
- Better future for children motivates family mobility in North and East Europe (14.11.2018)
- UEF provides strategic funding for 10 postdoc positions in 2019-2021 (29.06.2018)
- Café Smart focuses on local consequences of globalisation (01.12.2017)
- New insight into topical phenomena from multidisciplinary border studies (12.10.2017)
- Research into sensory environments and transgenerational environmental relationships begins (11.05.2017)
- Science // How does our sensory environment change? (20.02.2017)
- Science // Many sides of Vyborg (20.02.2017)