General definitions of policy on remote work
When the employer orders the employee to work remotely from home, the following procedures are followed:
1. In roles where working from home is possible, work and the payment of salary continue normally.
2. In roles where working from home is not possible and the employer orders the employee to stay home, the payment of salary continues normally. The employee’s supervisor charts the employee’s possibilities to perform other duties that are suitable for working from home.
3. If the employee falls ill during this period, he or she is entitled to sick pay, in accordance with the Collective Agreement. In this case, the employee has no obligation to work.
4. If a physician in charge of infectious diseases orders the employee to isolation by the Act on Infectious Diseases due to exposure or suspected exposure, the employee is entitled to sick pay.
5. If a physician in charge of infectious diseases orders the employee to quarantine by the Act on Infectious Diseases due to exposure or suspected exposure,
a. the employee has an obligation to work, if he or she is fit to work and his or her duties can be performed remotely from home. In this case, the university has the obligation to pay salary.
b. If the employee is in quarantine but is not fit to work or does not work, the employee is entitled to sickness allowance on account of an infectious disease. In the event of a quarantine or isolation, the university will provide separate instruction to the persons affected.
Remote work and the duties to be performed during remote work are agreed upon with the supervisor orally at first. If remote work continues, a written agreement may become necessary, if so required by the supervisor or the employee. In this case, the remote work template available in Heimo can be used for concluding an agreement on remote work.