Globe, Culture and Public Health
Globe, Culture and Public Health is one of the specific tracks on the UEF ’s Master ’s Degree Programme in Public Health. This track focuses on the following learning objectives:
- Exploring public health issues in a global context;
- Identifying various threats to health and well-being, and studying the global public health responses to these challenges;
- Understanding cultural approaches to health and how to deal with health problems in different cultural settings;
- Analysing health inequalities across the globe and the role of social and economic forces that shape health beyond human biology;
- Investigating various kinds of vulnerabilities in specific population subgroups;
- Studying public health interventions to support these vulnerable groups;
- Examining the causes, consequences of, and proper public health responses to humanitarian crises;
- Learning about core strategies and tools that are essential for an effective public health worker/manager/researcher.
The overall aim of this track is to help students acquire the appropriate knowledge and skills that are needed by a young public health professional in today´s global world and that of the future.
The track comprises 20 ECTS of compulsory track-specific courses and a subject-related Master’s thesis.