Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- Desentum wins a 1.9 M€ EU grant for first-in-human clinical trials
- Long-lived wood products are significant carbon capturers
- Flipped classroom enhances learning outcomes in medical certificate education
- Slave trade continued in Russia even after the Middle Ages due to economic influences from the Middle East and Central Asia
- Risk factors of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease accumulate in children with poor aerobic fitness
- Novel antibacterial drugs developed at University of Eastern Finland
- UEF’s international Master’s degree programmes invite applications
- Academy of Finland funding for research on natural resources conflict resolution in Tanzania
- Graphene based nanocarbon films can be used in optical computing
- Fermented dairy products may protect against heart attack