Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- Lea Ryynänen-Karjalainen continues as Chair of UEF Board
- Professor Arto Urtti secures 1.5 million euros for ophthalmic drug project in Saint Petersburg State University
- MobileEdu promotes computer science education in Nigeria
- NordForsk awards funding for patient oriented pharmaceutical products
- Business School raises its profile
- Arctic Academy Programme ARKTIKO grants three-year funding for biogenic amines research
- Camelina oil improves blood lipid profile
- Scientists uncover why sauna bathing is good for your health
- CCEEL to launch a Nordic Master in Environmental Law with the Universities of Uppsala and Tromsø in 2019
- Finnish Mathematical Days kick start Year of Mathematical Biology 2018