Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- Course on environmental conflict mediation gathers international students at UEF
- UEF Business School is a partner in wide Erasmus+ project
- Benzodiazepines are associated with increased risk of Alzheimer’s disease
- Two UEF researchers receive ERC Starting Grant
- Initiation of potentially inappropriate medication is associated with a higher risk of fractures and mortality, and higher hospital costs
- Major international conference in English linguistics to be organized in Joensuu
- Frequent sauna bathing has many health benefits, new literature review finds
- New research proposes climate-smart response to U.S. tariffs
- Meet UEF at Ilosaari Lounge
- Study unveils components of successful key account management