Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- New Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researchers at UEF
- Kuopio University Hospital, University of Eastern Finland and Roche Oy enter collaboration
- “When starting a new company, it’s wise to look far into the future”
- Professional development training promotes authorisation of immigrant physicians
- Professor Miia Kivipelto wins Neuroscientist of Year award
- Academy of Finland funding for biosciences and environmental research
- Scholars of learning and religious education meet in Joensuu
- Professor Jari Vuori invited as visiting professor by two leading universities
- World Bank report: transboundary water cooperation between Finland and Russia a success story
- High vitamin D levels linked to lower cholesterol in children