Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- European university associations call for double investment in research, innovation and education
- Minister Kimmo Tiilikainen selected as UEF’s Alumnus of the Year
- “University of Eastern Finland is a success story”
- UEF presents awards to accomplished young researchers
- Good motor skills may enhance reading skills in obese children
- High omega-6 levels can protect against premature death
- New Epic Challenge course starts with lectures by Astronaut Charles Camarda
- Long-term proton pump inhibitor use does not increase hip fracture risk among Alzheimer’s patients
- IPS stem cells help combat Finnish heart diseases
- Lithium treatment for bipolar disorder linked to lowest risk of rehospitalisation