Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- Thiazide diuretics reduced the risk of fractures in people with Alzheimer’s disease
- New Academy of Finland Postdoctoral Researchers at UEF
- Omega-6 fatty acids may help prevent heart disease
- Finnish-Russian project promotes coexistence of seals and humans on Lake Saimaa and Lake Ladoga
- Rector Jukka Mönkkönen appointed to Academy of Finland’s Finnish Research Infrastructure Committee
- Diet rich in animal protein is associated with a greater risk of death
- University of Eastern Finland is academically and financially strong
- Climate change impacts peatland CO2 gas exchange primarily via moisture conditions
- 3AWater wins Tahko Ski Lift Pitch 2019
- UEF ranked 4th in the world for responsible consumption and production