Application process explained
Next application period begins on 2 December 2019, and lasts until 22 January 2020 3 pm (GMT +2).
Applicants will begin the application process on the national Studyinfo portal where they can search for suitable programmes and begin the application.
Application instructions in a nutshell:
2. Sign up for a language test (TOEFL, IELTS or similar), if required and/or necessary.
3. When the application period begins, fill out the application form in the Studyinfo portal.
4. Collect the needed application documents in accordance with the programme's admission requirements.
5. Send all the requested application documents to the University of Eastern Finland (UEF) as electronic/scanned copies attached to the application form in Studyinfo by the end of the application period (recommended file types pdf and jpeg, max. file size 10 MB). Late documents or emailed documents are not considered. Admitted students are required to bring the original documents with them for verification upon arrival in Finland. Also, admitted students from certain countries need to make sure their documents fulfill the country-specific requirements.
Should you have any questions about completing your application and required enclosures, please contact our admissions office, admissions(at)uef.fi, tel. +358 29 445 8990. In case you have questions concerning the application requirements, please contact programme coordinator Tuomas Palosaari by email: envirolawpol(at)uef.fi
6. For non-EU/EEA students, scholarships can be applied for; for more information, see non-EU/EEA students
Make sure your application reaches University of Eastern Finland by the closing date. UEF does not process application documents that arrive after the deadline.
Application process step by step: Three steps to follow
1. Search & Apply online
All available study programmes in Finland can be found on the Studyinfo portal where you can search for suitable programmes and start the application. The online application is only open during the application period, so make sure you know when the application period starts. Once you have found a programme you wish to apply to, find out what the admission requirements are.
2. Collect the documents
Information concerning the documents you need for admission is provided by the university/programme you are applying to and the Studyinfo portal. The list of required documents is also on the online application. Our admission requirements can be found here and necessary documents are listed below. Please check the country-specific requirements on how to submit the application documents.
Application package checklist
The application package sent to UEF through the application form in Studyinfo should consist of the following:
1. Scanned copies of the original degree and graduation certificates in the original language
2. Official translations of degree and graduation certificates
3. Scanned copy of the original transcript of records in original language
4. Official translations of the transcript of records
5. Proof of English language proficiency
6. Letter of motivation
7. Written essay (find instructions here)
8. Letter of recommendation with original signature
9. Copy of passport photo page
The admission requirements and required application documents are explained in detail here.
Admitted students are required to bring the original documents with them for verification upon arrival in Finland.
3. Submit the application documents to UEF
You need to submit requested documents as electronic copies/scanned attachments together with the online application (instructions can be found on the application form).
Your application documents have to arrive by the given deadline. E-mail attachments will not be accepted. UEF does not process application documents that have arrived after the deadline.
Processing the documents at UEF
University of Eastern Finland processes all documents according to the same processing procedures. Documents are processed in two steps, both of which your application documents must pass:
- We will verify your language skills and check that they meet the requirements set by the programme.
- We will check that all of your required educational documents have arrived and then we will verify your credentials.
Verification of educational certificates
University of Eastern Finland will evaluate the eligibility and authenticity of the educational certificates of all applicants. This includes contacting previous educational institutions and language test providers. Any malpractice will be reported to the universities and the appropriate authorities.
Applicants should follow the language skill requirements of the programme. It is the responsibility of the applicants to take the test in time. It should be noted that it may take several weeks before the test results are available.
All language test results must arrive at University of Eastern Finland by the application deadline. Please see further details.
Please find further information on the admission requirements and country specific requirements from the links on the left.