Transferable Skills Studies
The UEF Doctoral School organises transferable skills courses which are common to all doctoral students at UEF.
The aim of transferable skills courses is that the postgraduate student
- familiarises him/herself with the theory and philosophy of science and research ethics and assumes a good scientific practice
- is able to plan a scientific research project, including problematization, methods, resources and scheduling
- acquires good communication skills: general and scientific oral and writing skills and popularization of science.
- learns management and teamwork skills
- can give education and is able to work in various expert tasks.
The following Transferable Skills Courses are available in English:
- 8010061 Conference English, 3 op
- 8010064 English for Doctoral Students, 4 cp (available also as a webcourse)
- 8022020 Research Information Retrieval and Management, 2 cp (available also as a webcourse)
- 8022030 Open science, 1 cp (webcourse)
- 1145018 Doctoral Studies, Career and Networking, 1 cp (available also as a webcourse)
- 1145003 Research Ethics, 1 cp (webcourse)
- 1145023 Current Issues in Research Ethics and RCR, 1 cp
- 1145004 Scientific Thought and the History of Science, 3 cp
- 1145006 Research Project Management, 2 cp (webcourse)
- 1145010 Research Supervision, 1 cp (available also as a webcourse)
- 1145001 Seminar for Doctoral Students and Supervisors, 1 cp
- 1145012 Business for PhD Students, 2 cp
- 1145020 Interactive leadership, 1 cp
- 1145021 Career planning portfolio for PhD students, 2 cp (webcourse)
- 1145022 Tools for job searching for PhD students, 2 cp