Fire or chemical accident
In the event of a fire
Evacuate yourself and others in danger. Pay particular attention to the evacuation of those with difficulties to move or act.
RAISE A FIRE ALARM
Press the button in the fire alarm station (they are located in the corridors and indicated with a sign). If you are not near a button, ask someone else to activate the alarm.
- Make an emergency call to 112.
- Call the porters' on-call number.
Extinguish the fire, if possible.
However, do not put yourself at risk.
Prevent the spreading of the fire.
Close doors and windows.
When you are leaving the building:
- Lock your computer and close office doors and windows, if possible.
- Take your personal valuables and clothes you can wear outside with you, if possible.
- Follow the instructions given by members of the university's safety and security organisation.
- It is prohibited to use an elevator in the event of a fire.
- Go to your nearest assembly point , where you will be given further instructions.
- In the event of an accident, contact the rescue authorities.
- Report the accident to the Occupational Health and Safety Officer (Joensuu Campus: Heikki Loikkanen, Kuopio Campus: Olli Siitonen).