Accident, medical emergency, first aid
In the event of an accident or medical emergency
Make a quick assessment of the situation.
- What has happened?
- Is the person conscious?
- Does the person breathe, do you feel a pulse?
Start emergency first aid.
- In the event of a major trauma or serious medical emergency, call 112.
Call 112 for help.
- Make sure the rescuers can easily find the scene of the accident.
- Do not leave the person alone.
- Follow the instructions given to you by the rescue authorities.
The website of the Finnish Red Cross features instructions on first aid and first aid trainings.