Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- World’s governments plan to produce 120% more fossil fuels by 2030 than can be burned under 1.5°C warming
- AI agent learns to play computer games and enjoys rewards
- Finns work to develop food safety and quality in the Kyrgyz Republic
- Academy of Finland grants funding for research into digital humanities
- Social media can encourage tourists to make more sustainable choices
- Healthy ageing with an online coach
- Many patients with iNPH develop Alzheimer’s disease, too
- Young Universities for the Future of Europe build European University
- Food waste in tourism is a bigger issue than previously thought
- Vitamin D and skin colour revisited – student exchange opens doors to research