Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- Scientists unravel genetic basis of hypertrophic cardiomyopathy in Finns
- New insight into river flows and sediment transport under ice cover
- Travellers use hotels’ loyalty programmes to get instant perks and rewards
- UEF’s Tourism Marketing and Management programme attracts interest from all over world
- Professor Mikko Laitinen appointed to National Library's advisory board for digital humanities
- Designing new learning environments together with local companies
- Business Finland funding for development and commercialisation of novel green house gas removal technology
- There’s a fly in my mushroom soup – scientists explore fungus-associated insects
- ASVspoof - world-leading research institutes and IT companies are joining forces to combat voice spoofs
- Touch biographies reveal transgenerational nature of touch