Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- UEF provides strategic funding for five Proof of Concept projects
- Music gets censored and silenced in many ways
- Active lifestyle can reduce risk of overweight already in childhood
- Professor Jopi Nyman publishes new book on migrant writing
- New spectral eye video database SPEED revolutionises eye-tracking
- Greater muscle strength – better cognitive function for older people
- Gene variant protecting against Alzheimer’s disease decreases plasma beta-amyloid levels
- Finnishness through eyes of international students
- Fewer relapses in schizophrenia with long-acting injections
- Spectral imaging reveals surprisingly much about dental health