Lab Animal Centre
Lab Animal Centre (former National Laboratory Animal Center) is part of the Faculty of Health Sciences at the University of Eastern Finland. The aim of the department is to utilize the expertise of laboratory animal science in research and in improving animal welfare. In addition, department produces and supplies laboratory animals mainly to the university's own research groups, but also helps the other universities and institutions.
Centre organizes the lab animal services and teaching at the University of Eastern Finland and also supervises and guides activities related to lab animals.
All the expertise and services of the centre related to the laboratory animal science are available to all whom it may concern.
- Alzheimer's disease risk gene APOE4 impairs function of brain immune cells
- Students perceive the teacher as having more knowledge of technology after a course implemented with the flipped classroom model
- UEF co-hosts Smart Health for Europe on October 7
- Nordic pharmacy researchers brainstormed in Kuopio
- Baltic Summer School replies to an urgent need for behavioural expertise
- The neurobiological mechanisms behind schizophrenia may depend on gender
- UEF opens Academic Year on 5 September
- Multidisciplinary simulation-based education for large groups of learners wins Excellent Teaching Practice Award
- University of Eastern Finland secures Erasmus+ funding
- Study discovers abnormal expression of genes in psychopathy