Our school, established in 1882, is a university-owned provider of basic, general upper secondary and teacher education. In addition to hosting 1000 students and 400 student teachers annually, relevant research, in-service training and developmental projects lie at the heart of our strategy. 

Our multiple networks, affiliation with the University of Eastern Finland and hundreds of student teachers all add to the innovative and dynamic atmosphere of our schoolWe are proactive developers of educational practices, learning environments and pedagogic applications, providing a research environment for various faculties as well as companies with an educational focus.