Why choose UEF?
Thinking about studying in Finland? A smart decision.
Thinking about studying at UEF? An even smarter decision.
Finland is a safe, clean and technology-driven country which, as a member of the European Union, actively promotes democracy, the rule of law and human rights. Finnish education, on the other hand, is known for two things in particular: The education system enjoys world-wide recognition for its excellence and, unlike in many other countries, there are no tuition fees. In Finland, education is regarded as a fundamental right and the Finnish education policy emphasises equal opportunities for all.
The Internet is overflowing with information about Finland and Finnish education, and here you'll find some of our favourite picks for learning more about your future study destination!
- The Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs has a nice portal, This is Finland, on everything you should and shouldn't know about Finland.
- For those preferring a more touristy approach to what Finland has to offer, the Official Travel Site of Finland is the site to read.
- Of course, Wikipedia also has a lot of information about Finland.
- The website of the Finnish Ministry of Education and Culture, on the other hand, is the best source of information when it comes to Finnish education, our success in PISA, and the education policy of Finland.
- One final site worth visiting is definitely Study in Finland, a portal catering for the needs of international students in particular.
So, we've convinced you that Finland is an excellent choice for you to pursue your academic ambitions? Now let us do the same for the University of Eastern Finland!
The University of Eastern Finland, UEF, is one of the largest universities in Finland. UEF has an attractive and multidisciplinary academic offering comprising 13 different fields of study, and we offer a wide range of programmes and courses taught in English for international students. Our internationally recognised research is built around global challenges that touch the lives of many. We are also one of the best universities in Finland: in 2014, we were ranked #24th in the QS Top 50 Under 50, and we frequently appear among the world's leading 300 universities in the main ranking lists.
We have some 15,000 degree students studying at UEF, and our three beautiful campuses are home to a nice mix of Finnish and international students. The atmosphere is international, yet Finnish, and the compact nature of our campuses makes it easy for students to mix and mingle across disciplines. We offer our students a wide range of services aiming to facilitate their studies and everyday life here in Finland.
We take pride in being a student-centred university, and it is our strategic goal to offer our students the best academic learning environments in Finland!
To learn more about UEF, we encourage you to explore the university, to read about our research activities, and of course to find out about what's it like to study with us. Our Practical Guides for International Students will also answer many of your questions, and please feel free to contact us in case any of your questions remain unanswered.
Hope to see you here next year!