UEF – the best academic learning environment in Finland
We have identified the development of our learning environments as one of our most important goals. The best academic learning environment in Finland is built around innovative teaching methods, research-based education, diverse use of facilities, and transparency.
Under the lead of our motivated teachers, we are creating a new culture of teaching. The teaching we offer is of a high standard and based on the latest research findings, enabling us to train professionals for the needs of the rapidly changing working life. We support this process by renewing our campus facilities with flexibility, inspiration and technology in mind.
At UEF, we want to create a culture of open science and technology that enables seamless collaboration between our students’ own devices and the devices and technology provided by the university.
From day one, we want to make our students feel welcome as new members of the scientific community. We invest in supporting flexible study paths, and to this end, we’ve created a new digital environment, Kamu, for our students. Our work to develop our learning environments is rooted in student-centredness. Together, we are building a university of tomorrow.
Learning Environments // News
- Students perceive the teacher as having more knowledge of technology after a course implemented with the flipped classroom model (09.09.2019)
- Multidisciplinary simulation-based education for large groups of learners wins Excellent Teaching Practice Award (29.08.2019)
- Gamification can give dental and medical education a boost (15.08.2019)
- How do different spaces affect learning? (05.06.2019)
- Designing new learning environments together with local companies (11.02.2019)
Kati Mäkitalo-Siegl: Visio ei ole enää visio, se on täyttä TOTTA – #100TEACHERSFROMUEF
Tero Karjalainen: Flipped workplace?
Jaakko Puhakka: Oppimisen avoimuus
Jaakko Puhakka: Oppimisympäristöjä Marsista kotisohvalle
Tuomo Meriläinen: Uutta oppimista