Sufficient intake of fortified dairy products is of significant importance for the serum vitamin D level in primary school children, shows a new study from the University of Eastern Finland. Children who drink at least three glasses of milk per day had a higher serum vitamin D level than their...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Cristina Florea receives significant Marie Curie Global Fellowship for research on cartilage damage (05.02.2016)
- Milk, vitamin supplements and exercise raise children's vitamin D levels (05.02.2016)
- Risk of premature death nine-fold among illicit drug users (04.02.2016)
- Border studies - providing current insight into cultural encounters (03.02.2016)
- SciFest makes strong start for new year (03.02.2016)
UEF // Events
- 5 Feb Dissertation, FH Anja Ziesche (Social Policy), Kuopio
- 8 Feb Research Day, Faculty of Health Sciences, Kuopio
- 12 Feb An interdisciplinary seminar: Inequalities of mobility, Joensuu
- 12 Feb Dissertation, MSc Janne Mäkelä, (Medical Physics), Kuopio
- 18 Feb Guest lecture by Professor Martin Cloonan: Fighting the aliens - The British Musicians’ Union and foreign musicians in the age of jazz, Joensuu