As little as 10 minutes of high-intensity physical activity per day reduces the amount of adipose tissue and enhances cardiorespiratory fitness in 6–8-year-old children, according to a new study from the University of Eastern Finland. The higher the intensity of physical activity, the...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Exchanging sedentariness for low-intensity physical activity can prevent weight gain in children (20.10.2016)
- School of Pharmacy and UNC-CH launch ERASMUS+ mobility (19.10.2016)
- Sino-Finnish Centre for Child Protection Research to open in Shanghai (18.10.2016)
- Helsinki Challenge: 375,000 euros for science-based solutions that impact society (17.10.2016)
- International social work academics to meet in Kuopio in response to political crisis forcing people into displacement and refugee status (11.10.2016)
UEF // Events
- 21 Oct Dissertation, MSc Rajendra Prasad Ghimire, (Environmental Science), Kuopio
- 24 Oct Seminar on Ocular Drug Research, Kuopio
- 26-28 Oct Annual Meeting of Finnish Geographers 2016: EXTREME GEOGRAPHIES
- 27 Oct Dissertation, MSocSc Mervi Issakainen, Social Psychology, Kuopio
- 28 Oct Dissertation, Lic Med Raija Silvennoinen (Clinical Hematology), Kuopio