People suffering from major depressive disorder, MDD, have reduced arginine levels, a new study from the University of Eastern Finland shows. Arginine is an amino acid which the body uses to produce, e.g., nitric oxide. Nitric oxide, in turn, is a nervous system and immune defence mediator, and...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Open science and innovation ecosystems strengthen the university’s impact (22.02.2018)
- Depression linked to reduced arginine levels (21.02.2018)
- Researchers summarise their expertise in 100 seconds (21.02.2018)
- Preparations for Neurocenter Finland initiated (21.02.2018)
- e-Health can support healthy ageing and help preventing cardiovascular disease and dementia in elderly people (20.02.2018)
UEF // Events
- 22.-27.2. Conference Religious freedom: Its conformation and violation during the 20th and 21st centuries
- 23 Feb Dissertation, MSc (Agr.&For.) Kari Väätäinen (Forestry), Joensuu
- 1 March Frontiers in Health Sciences seminar // Mathias Hoehn: Functional connectivity studies after brain diseases, Kuopio
- 2 March Dissertation, MSc Lili Li (Neurosciences), Kuopio
- 2 March Dissertation, MD Lili Cui (Neurology), Kuopio