Researchers have succeeded in shedding light on the pathogenesis of DNA breakpoints that are associated with leukemia. A mechanism discovered in a recent study can explain up to 90% of DNA damages present in the most common type of leukemia in children. The study was carried out by the University...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Disturbances in blood cell gene transcription may lead to leukemia (20.07.2016)
- Microplastics - a cause for concern (19.07.2016)
- Genetic background of type 2 diabetes unravels (12.07.2016)
- Repaying sleep debt on holidays? Unlikely, expert says (12.07.2016)
- University of Eastern Finland ranked among world’s finest (12.07.2016)
UEF // Events
- 28 July Dissertation, Martina Rudgalvyte, MSc, (Toxicology), Kuopio
- 2 Aug Guest talk, PhD Anna-Katharine Brem: Cognitive enhancement using brain stimulation and computerized cognitive training, Kuopio
- 5 Aug Dissertation, LicScEcon Henna Konu (Service Management), Joensuu
- 12 Aug Dissertation, MScEcon Raimo Kovanen (Entrepreneurship), Kuopio
- 12 Aug Dissertation, LicEd Serja Turunen (Education), Savonlinna