The neuropeptide CGRP is a known migraine trigger, but a new study shows that it also has a protective role in the brain, preventing the death of neuronal cells. New migraine drugs should thus be more specifically targeted at the unwanted effects of CGRP, while maintaining the good effects,...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Fourth reality of science is here – Sm4rtLab allows virtual and remote control of optics devices (02.12.2016)
- Towards better outreach of research! (01.12.2016)
- Unexpected good properties of the bad migraine trigger (01.12.2016)
- Even mildly excessive body iron stores increase the risk of type 2 diabetes (30.11.2016)
- Rector Mönkkönen continues in Confederation of Finnish Industries’ Board of Directors (30.11.2016)
UEF // Events
- 5 Dec Dissertation, MA Minna Kumpulainen, English language and translation, Joensuu
- 7 Dec Guest lecture: Dr. Mikhail Yatskov: Impact of Disturbance on Carbon Stores and Dynamics in Forests of Coastal Alaska, Joensuu
- 8 Dec Dissertation, MSc Theodora Kafkia (Nursing Science), Kuopio
- 8 Dec Dissertation, MSc Jussi Malila (Applied Physics), Kuopio
- 8 Dec Dissertation, MSc Denis Karpov (Photonics), Joensuu