Researchers at the University of Eastern Finland and Eberhard Karls Universität Tübingen have discovered a new molecular mechanism that can be used to inhibit the growth of hepatocellular carcinoma, which is the most common liver cancer. The findings were published in Nature Medicine.
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Children’s nonverbal responses merit closer consideration in classic test of developmental psychology (25.05.2016)
- Targeted treatment for liver cancer under way (24.05.2016)
- Atmospheric aerosols can significantly cool down climate (19.05.2016)
- Sleep disorders common in athletes – but easily fixable (19.05.2016)
- Nearly 14,000 visitors in SciFest - record broken again (18.05.2016)
UEF // Events
- 25-26 May 8th Conference on Innovation and Communications Law, Joensuu
- 31 May Dissertation, LicAdm Virpi Anttonen (Constitutional Law), Joensuu
- 1 June Dissertation, MSc Anni Eronen (Photonics), Joensuu
- 3 June Dissertation, MSSc Olga Hannonen (Human Geography), Joensuu
- 3 June Dissertation, MSc Jemal Adem (Molecular Medicine), Kuopio