Eating lots of sugary candy may strain the liver, alter the body’s fatty acid metabolism and increase the risk of cardiometabolic diseases already in childhood. Children’s blood fatty acid composition reflects their diet – but luckily this composition can be influenced by lifestyle...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Blood fatty acids reveal your child’s diet (23.03.2017)
- Forest use in Finland should reflect global markets, carbon balance and biodiversity (22.03.2017)
- Katri Vehviläinen-Julkunen to STTI International Nurse Researcher Hall of Fame (21.03.2017)
- Regional differences in psychotropic use among persons with Alzheimer’s disease decreased in 2005-2011 (20.03.2017)
- Increasingly personalised treatment for epilepsy (17.03.2017)
UEF // Events
- 28 March Seminar: The Transformation of Soviet Republic Borders to International Borders, Joensuu
- 30 March Anniversary Celebration of the University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio
- 3 April Practice-based research networks, Kuopio
- 8 April Dissertation, MSc Leena Rauhala (Cell Biology), Kuopio
- 25 April 3rd Karelia Symposium: Unlimited Possibilities of Wood, Joensuu