Findings suggest that environmental factors might dominate over genetic profile. People with a genetic profile associated with increased body weight (known as the FTO gene) respond equally well to diet, exercise, and drug based weight loss interventions as the rest of the population, concludes a...
SMART SCIENCE BY SMART PEOPLE
At UEF, interdisciplinarity is not something we do, it's who we are. We seek to be number one in Finland when it comes to academic learning environments. We offer first-class education that is bound to make a difference.
UEF // VIDEOS
UEF // NEWS
- Tekes awards funding for research into big data's business potential (23.09.2016)
- No link between ‘obesity gene’ and ability to lose weight, say experts (21.09.2016)
- Eye-tracking technology reveals surgeon's thoughts (16.09.2016)
- Healthy diet boosts children’s reading skills (13.09.2016)
- New book on plant communication (09.09.2016)
UEF // Events
- 28-29 Sept Interpreting European Crisis and Its Consequences for Bordering, Mobilities and Cultural Encounters Conference, Joensuu
- 30 Sept Dissertation, MSc Chibuzor Eneh (Applied Physics), Kuopio
- 6 Oct Norbert Stefan: Nonalcoholic fatty liver disease as a risk factor for type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease, Kuopio
- 10 Oct Dissertation, MSc Tiia Turunen (Molecular Medicine), Kuopio
- 26-28 Oct Annual Meeting of Finnish Geographers 2016: EXTREME GEOGRAPHIES