Open Uni: Introduction to Finnish Health and Social Services System
- 9.8.2022 - 15.6.2023
- Kampus tai kaupunki:
- Sosiaali- ja terveysala, Ravitsemus ja lääkeala, Juridiikka ja yhteiskunta
- Verkko-opetus, Itseopiskelu
- 0 € (alv 0%)
Course content: Basic principles of the health and social services system in Finland; steering of the system (e.g. legislation, client choice); future trends.
Modes of study: Online course (online learning environment)
Study methods: Online group discussions and group/individual assignment
Online teaching (incl. online lectures), learning assignments and independent study, group/individual assignment
Study materials: Relevant online materials and readings, will be specified later in Moodle.
Teaching language: English
After completing this course, student:
- understands the principles of organizing, funding and providing health and social services in Finland
- achieves abilities to know and understand the knowledge on the future trends and reforms.
This course is suitable for open university students.
The course is available online and can be studied between 1.10.2022-31.7.2023
Open University registration is open 1.8.2022-15.6.2023 at Opintopolku and UEF website.
The course is evaluated on a scale of 0-5.
This course is free during the 2022-2023 academic year.
For more information on study fees and payment and cancellation terms, please see: Registration, study fees and right to study | University of Eastern Finland (uef.fi) The length of a study right is determined by the length of the study unit so that it covers all teaching and exams. If the study unit has continuous registration, the study right is from 1.8. to 30.7.
If you can’t identify yourself using the Suomi.fi service, please contact our training secretary; their contact information is below.
Literature acquisition costs / borrowing fees are not included.
From the beginning of 2023 we will move into the new Studyinfo. Courses will be added there in the fall.
1) You will receive an automatic email confirmation for a successful registration. After this our training secretary will complete the activation of your study right and will send, within 7 days, instructions on how to begin your studies, in a separate email.
Please read the instructions carefully so that you can begin your studies on time.
2) Activate your UEF user account. Instructions are included in the email sent to you by our training secretary.
3) Complete Digistartti, it will help you to get to know our digital environments and tools. 91% of students who have completed the Digistartti found it helpful. Instructions are included in the email sent to you by our training secretary.
If you don't receive these messages, please check your spam folder.
Training secretary Pia Koponen, email@example.com, tel. +358 40 355 2116
The Open University of the University of Eastern Finland offers extensive study counseling services. You can find more information on our website.