Avoin yo: Advanced Course on Environmental Data Mining
- 21.11.2022 - 2.2.2023
- Kampus tai kaupunki:
- Ympäristö- ja luonnontieteet
- Verkko-opetus, Lähiopetus
- 60 € (alv 0%)
Basic concepts of time-series modeling and classification, pre-processing and visualizing the time-series, classification, evaluating the performance of the model, traditional methods for time-series modeling and pattern recognition, neural network models: LVQ, MLP, SVM, some special topics.
Modes of study: Learning diary.
Teaching methods: Online meetings (5 h), independent study (130 h).
Study materials: Lecture slides and videos in the Moodle -online learning environment.
There is room for maximum of 10 Open University students in this course.
To learn the basic concepts of classification and time-series modeling and the use of the modeling methods needed.
The course will be held from Feb 14th to May 31st, 2023. More information, the description and timelines of the course can be found from Peppi study guide.
In their studies, open university students must adhere to the same schedules and study modes as degree students.
Application time begins on Nov 21st, 2022 at 9:00 am and closes on Feb 2nd, 2023 at 11:59 pm.
Environmental Data Mining (3710458). Programming skills are useful.
The course is evaluated on a scale of 0-5.
Individual courses are 12 euros per ECTS credit. The prices are valid for the 2022-2023 academic year.
For more information on study fees and payment and cancellation terms, please see: Registration, study fees and right to study | University of Eastern Finland (uef.fi). Study right will cover the lessons and exams.
Fees for purchasing/lending literature are not included in the study fee.
If you can’t identify yourself using the Suomi.fi service or your employer pays for your studies, please contact our training secretary; their contact information is below.
From the beginning of 2023 we will move into the new Studyinfo. Courses will be added there in the fall.
1) You will receive an email containing a link for payment. You have 24 hours to pay the study fee using the link you have been provided via email. If the links expires, you can re-register to get a new link.
2) After the payment you will get an automatic confirmation for a successful payment. After this our training secretary will complete the activation of your study right and will send, within 7 days, instructions on how to begin your studies, in a separate email.
Please read the instructions carefully so that you can begin your studies on time.
3) Activate your UEF user account. Instructions are included in the email sent to you by our training secretary.
4) Complete Digistartti, it will help you to get to know our digital environments and tools. 91% of students who have completed the Digistartti found it helpful. Instructions are included in the email sent to you by our training secretary.
If you don't receive these messages, please check your spam folder.
Training secretary Krista Reiman, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 50 471 8694
The Open University of the University of Eastern Finland offers extensive study counseling services. You can find more information on our website.