House of Effectiveness
The House of Effectiveness is a multidisciplinary network of welfare and health related effectiveness research and education at the University of Eastern Finland.
The network compiles the information on the effectiveness research to support the development, decision-making and integration of the social welfare and health care services.
- International funding for register-based research on neurodegenerative diseases
- Thiazide diuretics reduced the risk of fractures in people with Alzheimer’s disease
- Symptomatic pharmacotherapy should be regularly assessed among older persons and persons with Alzheimer’s disease
- Antiepileptics increase the risk of pneumonia among persons with Alzheimer’s disease
- Persons with Alzheimer’s disease have a higher risk of head injuries