UEF Summer School Courses 2020
UEF Summer School runs between 10-21 August 2020 (two weeks) both at the Joensuu and Kuopio campuses. All the courses offered are credit-bearing and typically carry 5 ECTS/course. There are also some courses that run only one week, and carry 2-3 ECTS. The courses are aimed at Master’s level students in particular, but also Bachelor level students are welcome if they have a suitable background. UEF departments/schools make the decision of acceptance/suitable background. The language of instruction is English. Students completing a course will be issued an official transcript and a certificate of attendance.
When selecting the course, please pay attention to the campus, and the extent of the course (one or two weeks). Some courses carry 2-3 ECTS for one week and with extra work (essays, projects etc.) before or after the intensive week, the amount of ECTS credits can be increased up to 4-5 ECTS. Pay also attention to the possible prerequisites given in the course descriptions.
The courses for 2020 will be updated here in January 2020.
- Education in Diverse Cultures 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu
- Active Citizenship and Non-formal Education 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu
- Lifelong Learning and Life-course 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu
Stress and Coping 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus JoensuuCANCELLED
- Intercultural Skills in Working Life 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu
Encounters of Eastern and Western Churches in the North 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus JoensuuCANCELLED
Faculty of Science and Forestry
- Joensuu Summer School on Optics 2019: eXpeRience your reality 2 ECTS/one week, Campus Joensuu
- Deep Reinforcement Learning for Computer Games 3/5 ECTS/one week, Campus Joensuu
- Machine Learning for Speech 3/5 ECTS/one week, Campus Joensuu
- Nonlinear Mixed-effect Models 2/4 ECTS/one week, Campus Joensuu
- Effects of Climate Change on Vegetation in Northern Ecosystems 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu
Faculty of Health
Faculty of Social Sciences and Business Studies
- Food Law and Policy 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu
- International Migration Studies in Child, Youth and Family Welfare 2/5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Kuopio
- Advanced English Academic and Professional Communication (AEAPC) 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Kuopio
- Epic Finnish: Introduction to the Finnish Language and Culture 5 ECTS/two weeks, Campus Joensuu