Transilvania University of Brasov
Founded in 1948, Transilvania University of Brasov is one of the largest university in the country and the best reputed higher education institution in the Central Region of Romania. It has 18 faculties, over 19 200 students and more than 1 250 permanent staff members. The faculties offer academic degree programmes in a wide range of fields (from different engineering and science domains to economic and social sciences, humanistic sciences, medicine and music).
The forestry section was established in 1948. At present there are three BSc programmes of study (Forest management, Forest engineering and wildlife management) and two MSc degree programmes (Forest ecosystem management and Technical systems and management in forest engineering). A new master's degree programme in English will be launched in autumn 2017. The faculty of forestry is involved in basic and applied research and has strong partnerships with forest administrations, harvesting and primary wood processing companies.
MSc European Forestry studies at the Transilvania University of Brasov
MSc European Forestry students will have the opportunity to choose from a variety of courses in the new master's degree programme (Multiple purpose forestry) that will be launched in autumn 2017. The MSc EF students will be able to conduct their second year studies in Brasov from autumn 2019 onwards. The preliminary list of courses that will be available for the students who will conduct their second year at the Transilvania University of Brasov during 2019-2021 is as follows:
- Forest Management and Chain of Custody Certification, 6 ECTS
- Forest Based Bio-economy / Management of Research Projects, 4 ECTS
- Decision-Support Systems in Forest Ecosystem Management / Energy Procurement from Woody Biomass, 5 ECTS
- Strategy and Marketing of Forest Products, 4 ECTS
- Silviculture and Yield of Forest Ecosystems, 4 ECTS
- Life Cycle Assessment in Forestry / Business Process Management in Forestry, 7 ECTS