UEF Primo: library search engine
All the material acquired by the UEF Library can be found in the UEF Primo: books, journals, databases and other resources; in print and electronic format. Access to electronic materials outside the campus network is available to the studens and the staff of UEF.
The search focuses on the library catalog by default(1):
- campus library material available for borrowing and reading room use
- department and faculty library material, not available for borrowing
- legal deposit copies (excluding prose fiction), available for reading room use
- e-books and e-journals
- databases and reference works
Alternatively, you can focus your search to:
- international articles
- international journal articles
- other online publications: conference proceedings, book chapters etc.
- all e-resources
- all electronic publications (articles, e-books etc.) and databases
- everything at once
Please note that the publications presented in the search results do not necessarily open up as readable full text material. This depends on the UEF Library's material use licences.
(3) Journals search focuses on printed and electronic journals only (but not the articles). Database search includes reference databases, encyclopedias, publication archives etc.
The advanced search (4) offers you versatile search possibilities.
By logging into the UEF Primo (2) you can save search results and set up scheduled alerts for later use.
UEF students and staff can use e-materials also outside the campus network using UEF username and password. These are asked when you are opening the material from the link 'Full text availability' in the UEF-Primo. Another possibility is to logg in to the UEF Primo (2).
Members of the KUH staff use the remote access for their library services.
Inside the campus libraries the collections are free to use for everyone.
Quick instructions for searching
- Use * for truncation
- Write complete phrases "inside quotes"
- you cannot truncate words within quotes
- Write search operators in capitals: AND OR NOT
- The default operator between search terms is AND
- Write OR operations in brackets
The search results that are the best match for the search terms are listed first (relevance). When required, you can change the sorting order to, for example, Date descending.
A large search result can be narrowed down and defined further afterwards. For instance, you can use the Library section to target the search to campus libraries, or Resource type for selecting the type of the publication.
Ask For advice
Ask an Information Specialist: information.services[at]uef.fi
Book an appointment with an Information Specialist (max. 1 h free of charge)
Information retrieval request form (chargeable)
How to find a journal impact factor (IF)
How to use RefWorks reference management sofware
How to use electronic resources remotely (outside UEF networks)
Why full text does not always open and what to do then
What are open access publishing and open science
Feedback will be processed daily. Easily fixed issues will be solved immediately if they are essential to the service and in accordance with the operating policy. All feedback will be processed in the relevant services. If necessary, feedback will also be processed in the library’s working groups. Feedback and the changes prompted by feedback will be processed annually by the management group in the management review.